PAYG/Monthly Data hungry, alternative to big suppliers

Comments

• Has anybody any experience of this provider?
  • Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    didsbury wrote: »
    Has anybody any experience of this provider?

I don't believe they are (c4c) provider as in network provider.
    it is only a protocol for data management.
  • Atasas wrote: »
    I don't believe they are (c4c) provider as in network provider.
    it is only a protocol for data management.

They look like an MNVO to me: they are offering 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB for £5 per month on a 30 day rolling contract.
    Has anyone tried them?
  • Atasas
    didsbury wrote: »
    They look like an MNVO to me: they are offering 200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB for £5 per month on a 30 day rolling contract.
    Has anyone tried them?

Oops, I stand corrected!

https://www.c4cmobile.com/tariffs/pay-as-you-go/

https://www.c4cmobile.com/tariffs/30-day-rolling/

Prices seem to be from 20'th century, the only thing going is 10% charity donation.

Such plans wouldn't allow me even to test, if they get "throttling down" by O2, as the other of their MVNO's.
    I still got other branded charity promoting SIM, (that haven't tested) as it flopped in pricing, tethering services when changed to a different (main) network. ;)
  • Atasas
    edited 11 March 2017 at 4:08PM
    EDIT:
    Proven to be dodgy "network"-scam

Piggybacking on a VodaSh..
    https://candytelecom.co.uk/product/20gb-mobile-plan-exclusive/?source=webgains&siteid=31409
    £28.00 £25.00 /month

The details:
    20GB data on our Superfast 4G network (powered by Vodafone)
    Unlimited calls to UK landlines (starting 01,02,03) and mobiles**
    Unlimited texts to standard UK numbers**
    Monthly payments via direct debit
    1 month contract***
    **Fair usage policy applies
    ***£20 cancellation charge if the service is used for less than 12 months.
    Do you want to bring your existing phone number?
    Only available when you place the order and can't be done at a later date.
    Yes
    i2DR3ab.jpg

6ZxPRGG.jpg

Close to Christmass, but no decent deals lately :(

New one, untested and priced up rather dear £25-20GB, but could be acceptable as alternative perhaps?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Atasas wrote: »
    Piggybacking on a VodaSh..
    https://candytelecom.co.uk/product/20gb-mobile-plan-exclusive/?source=webgains&siteid=31409

Close to Christmass, but no decent deals lately :(

New one, untested and priced up rather dear £25-20GB, but could be acceptable as alternative perhaps?

Another shady company that thinks the law doesn't apply to them (mainly because that law is toothless and so this sort of company take advantage).

As mentioned in another thread with @ian011
    How can we help you?
    Whether you are already a Candy customers or you are looking to join us, we are here to help you.

Call us
    0871 288 4135
    Calls cost 10p per min from a landline, plus your companies access charge
    ====
  • Atasas
    d123 wrote: »
    Another shady company that thinks the law doesn't apply to them (mainly because that law is toothless and so this sort of company take advantage).

As mentioned in another thread with @ian011

TBH seems harsh, but then when all main competing networks are in "cahoots", how could any business would survive? I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting VodaSh#& and similar representatives calling them, just for the sake of harassing as hacking attack...
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Atasas wrote: »
    TBH seems harsh, but then when all main competing networks are in "cahoots", how could any business would survive? I wouldn't be surprised if they are getting VodaSh#& and similar representatives calling them, just for the sake of harassing as hacking attack...

The law relating to using premium type numbers for customer service changed in June 2014, this company was only incorporated on the 10th of May 2016.

Yet they have a premium rate customer service number, 2 years after they were made illegal?

Shady as hell...
    ====
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 December 2016 at 1:12PM
    Retailers, traders and passenger transport companies offering 084, 087 or 09 numbers for after-sales enquiries and issues can be reported to Trading Standards via the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506.

Banks, insurers and card companies offering 084, 087 or 09 numbers for contact by existing customers can be reported to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Any organisation offering an 084, 087 09 or 118 number without declaring the call costs alongside the number can be reported to the Advertising Standards Authority. For those offering an 087, 09 or 118 number they can also be reported to the Phone-paid Services Authority.

There are many breaking the rules, but very few have been reported.
    0871 288 4135
    Calls cost 10p per min from a landline, plus your companies access charge
    The actual cost is "13p per minute plus Access Charge". See http://checkit.uboss.com/

The "10p per min" is incorrect and references to "from a landline" are spurious.
  • Atasas
    edited 8 March 2017 at 3:13PM
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Retailers, traders and passenger transport companies offering 084, 087 or 09 numbers for after-sales enquiries and issues can be reported to Trading Standards via the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506.

Banks, insurers and card companies offering 084, 087 or 09 numbers for contact by existing customers can be reported to the Financial Conduct Authority.

Any organisation offering an 084, 087 09 or 118 number without declaring the call costs alongside the number can be reported to the Advertising Standards Authority. For those offering an 087, 09 or 118 number they can also be reported to the Phone-paid Services Authority.

There are many breaking the rules, but very few have been reported.

The actual cost is "13p per minute plus Access Charge". See http://checkit.uboss.com/

The "10p per min" is incorrect and references to "from a landline" are spurious.

You are correct!

Any reasonable data providers as today?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family