IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

OPC - 4 Years Ago Unpaid Private Parking Charge

Comments

• dragonchi
    dragonchi Posts: 13 Forumite
    I have been ignoring them and I received another letter yesterday. This time saying the following:

UNPAID PRIVATE PARKING CHARGE (Photographic evidence held)

We write to you regarding your unpaid parking charge. Despite repeated reminders you have failed to pay the fee of £100.00 that you are liable for in connection with this unpaid private parking charge.

Please note that we now have no further option but to pass this matter on to our solicitor who will, in due course, contact you regarding proceedings against you on the basis of:

1. We have the right to claim unpaid parkings charges from you by the landlord/owner of the site of issue;
    2. Our parking attendant or ANPR system has collated photographic evidence of your vehicle at the time of the ticket being issued and this evidence may now be used against you.

We offer a final concessionary offer to settle outside of court at a reduced payment of £90.00 that must be paid in full within 14 days starting from the date of this letter.

Please be aware that if this is not settled within the next 14 days and this matter is passed on to our acting solicitor then you will incur further additional costs.

This is a genuine attempt to settle this existing dispute outside of court and cannot be put before the court and is subject to the terms outlines in this letter.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Email the BPA and ask what the period was when they had no membership.
    What did the BPA tell you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • dragonchi
    They said that because I received a response on here, they didn't feel the need to respond also.
    Maybe I will try emailing them again.
  • Umkomaas
    dragonchi wrote: »
    They said that because I received a response on here, they didn't feel the need to respond also.
    Maybe I will try emailing them again.

Eh....?

The BPA said that in reply to your email? They are monitoring this thread?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• dragonchi
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Eh....?

The BPA said that in reply to your email? They are monitoring this thread?

My bad, I think I'm confusing BPA with another association who I asked for help and linked them this forum.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    dragonchi wrote: »
    My bad, I think I'm confusing BPA with another association who I asked for help and linked them this forum.

Probably the BMPA. Different beast altogether. The BPA can be found here http://britishparking.co.uk/
  • Umkomaas
    If you haven't therefore made the enquiry of the BPA (not BMPA) then I'd fire a quick email asking for the dates when OPC were not members of the BPA.

aos@britishparking.co.uk

• dragonchi
    waamo wrote: »
    Probably the BMPA. Different beast altogether.

Yep, that's the one.

I've just sent an email to BPA asking for the period of time OPC had no membership.

I get the feeling though that I have to somehow think of a defence in court over something I have no knowledge of 4 years ago. And with my learning difficulties, I will struggle, but will do my best.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Is there no-one you can ask to assist?

A friend could assist you if it comes to a court claim (by going through the Newbies faq and following the advice there on preparing a defence)

So follow the advice given to ignore them unless you do get a lbcca!!
  • dragonchi
    Quentin wrote: »
    Is there no-one you can ask to assist?

A friend could assist you if it comes to a court claim (by going through the Newbies faq and following the advice there on preparing a defence)

So follow the advice given to ignore them unless you do get a lbcca!!

I have asked many friends, but they don't know how to help or what to do. I think it doesn't help that they also have learning difficulties and struggle to understand what is being said to us.
    I have been looking into this a lot the past month and I have been finding a lot of things saying that ignoring is old advice since the laws have changed now? I wonder if that still applies considering the incident was over 4 years ago.
    I am also getting conflitcting information regarding them having to prove I was the driver? I don't think I was, but I don't know since it was so long ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure