Blue Badge

I've just renewed my Blue Badge online. But the process did not ask me to upload a photograph for it. Do they not use a picture of the holder, no more? Thanks

Comments

• I've just done Mr Retired's and needed to supply a photo.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,846
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    posiepye wrote: »
    I've just renewed my Blue Badge online. But the process did not ask me to upload a photograph for it. Do they not use a picture of the holder, no more? Thanks
    Yes, a photo is needed. It should have allowed you to upload a photo. Your Blue Badge will be delayed now because they'll write to you asking for the photo, unless you take it into your local council on Monday.
  • posiepye
    posiepye Posts: 19 Forumite
    Thanks. I'll have a go again now as a mock one, and see if it comes up. If not ive got an email confirming I renewed it with a refrence number, and send it to that.
  • posiepye
    well ive just gone through it again, and again nothing comes up about uploading a photo. all it says on the first page is
    What you will need to renew

You will need:
    • the serial number of your current blue badge
    • a credit or debit card to pay the £10 administration fee
    and thats it, no mention of a ptoto. Strange. I'll drop them an email asking if they need on
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    Thanks. I'll have a go again now as a mock one, and see if it comes up. If not ive got an email confirming I renewed it with a refrence number, and send it to that.
    I can confirm that when i just did it on my local councils website it tells me to upload a photo.
  • posiepye
    Thanks. Maybe here they check first to see if you are entitled to it. Then email you, asking to send a photo. it does say on the email confirming it
    'Please note: If we need any more information we will contact you.'
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2018 at 6:00PM
    Thanks. Maybe here they check first to see if you are entitled to it. Then email you, asking to send a photo. it does say on the email confirming it
    'Please note: If we need any more information we will contact you.'
    Do you automatically qualify?
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    If you don't automatically qualify then you'll have an assessment. This is most likely why the application didn't ask you to download a photo.

I automatically qualify with a PIP mobility award, so no assessment is needed. This is why it asks me for a photo.
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As you are renewing rather than making a new application, they will probably use the photo they already have on file/B]
  • posiepye
    Hi Yes Im renewing it. I qualify for one as got 12 points on pip so on the enhanced rate for mobilty. On the renewing page it did not even ask if I was getting pip or high mobility on dla. All it asked for what my National insurance number, current badge number, when it expired, d.o.b and address. Then it just took me to the payment page, and that was it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure