Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been MIA . a combination of black dog:mad: hot weather, holiday prep, guests and a Mr Grumpy being more Grumpy than usual, probably because of the aforementioned!

Lots to catch up on, but first I need to rant!!

TS bl00dyB!!

Yep heard and read all the stuff, but thought no real bother, we have an account each £500 in each month £250 back out again and £250 to their regular savers, I log in once a month and move the £3 odd to wherever.

So today manged to get online, MR grumps all ok, mine had too much money in it:T, but no March's payment to reg save had gone in on 3rd April, Aprils payment went in on 30th April and was bounced back to current account,
    To cut a very long story short, and a veryyyy looong call I have been accused of trying to pay in too much in one month and not adhering to their terms and conditions! No I don't think so, it's a standing order, "but you can't pay in over £250 per month" 'Yes I agree, it's a standing order, you don't process these at weekends or bank holidays, (Why ever not?)
    I understand this, but both in October and January they took out 2 payments in 1 month, no problem. this call went on for 1 hour 29 minutes and 43 seconds!! (they will reimburse me £1 for that!) was passed to a manger, who couldn't do anything, I said, I thought you were a manger... Oh no!!
    Agreed to take this up as a complaint, great I said, can I have your name (given) in case they don't get back to me, on no, says she, you will have to stay on the line so I can process this as a complaint:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    There is more, but I'm boring myself to repeat it!!

The up shot is they can do !!!!!! all, my complaint has been deemed as not upheld??? I will get a letter to say so... whoopy do!! and I have a £1 in my current account to cover the cost of the phone call!!

Whoever said that money saving was easy??

Now, do I lie down in a darken room or visit Villa Maria!
  • pippo
    Options
    Re the kitchen gadgets, I absolutely could not live without my griddle pan :D food tastes different cooked on it and uses less oil because of oiling the meat instead of the pan. I dont think i will use anything else to cook things like burgers, steak or chicken breast again :D
    And sausages!!

Got mine in the last nectar double up.. love it!
  • pippo
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    My big news.

Errant son has started his phase 1 training. He went down via train yesterday to his base. This part of the course takes 14 weeks and they all do it, its the basic "How to be a soldier" course - everyone whatever trade they go on to do takes this course.

He took his oath of allegiance yesterday afternoon - this is akin to another birth day. When Eldest son did his it was done at the local recruitment office and conducted by a major with the families to witness so it was a very significant occasion, its sad that they don't do it this way now.

I assumed that phones would be confiscated by now but we are still getting one word messages - this morning I had a "Morning" at 7.30 - probably he just messages as he goes in and out of his locker.

Anyway its quite something to get your head around - I am now mum to do serving personnel.

So again we have an empty nest to adjust to and its going to take some getting used to again. So far we have just been trying to clear the clutter away and round up all of the stuff left behind - all of Errant sons stuff is still in his room as they take minimal personal stuff with them - not even their cars.

OH has been home for a week as he is on sick leave but he has been very good, keeping me motivated so I don't start moping. I don't suppose the full brunt will happen until he goes back to work and the house is empty in the daytime.
    Oh bless mohc!

We only have the one son, who had some very 'errant' moments in his time and now is a higher tax payer with a lovely wife and to gorgeous daughters, but I still remember the day he left home for uni, couldn't drive, had to pull over and sob! We still call the 'spare' bedroom, is room. sending hugs, . mind you I generally love the days when my Dh is out, alough some day even now I feel lost and lonely
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :A

thanks tweets - you know when I'm in a tizz xx

Had all sorts of ghastly stuff to deal with yesterday including a locked up foot AGAIN :o

Hopefully all sorted now, some robbing B has emptied my account - I really cannot understand how this has happened as I'm so secure with my card :(:( feel violated :o

:( oh snap hope you get it sorted.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Been MIA . a combination of black dog:mad: hot weather, holiday prep, guests and a Mr Grumpy being more Grumpy than usual, probably because of the aforementioned!

Lots to catch up on, but first I need to rant!!

TS bl00dyB!!

Yep heard and read all the stuff, but thought no real bother, we have an account each £500 in each month £250 back out again and £250 to their regular savers, I log in once a month and move the £3 odd to wherever.

So today manged to get online, MR grumps all ok, mine had too much money in it:T, but no March's payment to reg save had gone in on 3rd April, Aprils payment went in on 30th April and was bounced back to current account,
    To cut a very long story short, and a veryyyy looong call I have been accused of trying to pay in too much in one month and not adhering to their terms and conditions! No I don't think so, it's a standing order, "but you can't pay in over £250 per month" 'Yes I agree, it's a standing order, you don't process these at weekends or bank holidays, (Why ever not?)
    I understand this, but both in October and January they took out 2 payments in 1 month, no problem. this call went on for 1 hour 29 minutes and 43 seconds!! (they will reimburse me £1 for that!) was passed to a manger, who couldn't do anything, I said, I thought you were a manger... Oh no!!
    Agreed to take this up as a complaint, great I said, can I have your name (given) in case they don't get back to me, on no, says she, you will have to stay on the line so I can process this as a complaint:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    There is more, but I'm boring myself to repeat it!!

The up shot is they can do !!!!!! all, my complaint has been deemed as not upheld??? I will get a letter to say so... whoopy do!! and I have a £1 in my current account to cover the cost of the phone call!!

Whoever said that money saving was easy??

Now, do I lie down in a darken room or visit Villa Maria!

It drives me bats that payments are not made on the 1st of a month if its a weekend or a bank holiday

I would instead write a letter outlining the initial problem, including the long delay you had getting to your online account and also todays problems plus the length of time you were on the phone and the derisory amount you were offered as compensation.

Sometimes a letter will escalate things.

(I got £5 credit from Eon for the problems I had including been held in an endless phone queue)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    I've just gone into battle with 3.

OH has changed his phone :mad: - I dread to think how much he has spent but he seems now to have a personal phone identical to his work phone - I can see that being a problem.

Most of the apps have transferred across from old Samsung to new phone including his shopping apps eg COS, shopimum etc. Of course they are now logged out so the passwords all need re setting - you are never loged out of apps so you never need to know what the passwords are :mad:

Even more annoying I had to go into town with him last Friday as the new phone needed a micro sim and its my name on both accounts. I loathe going into our nearest town - vile place.
    (The only saving grace was being able to do a Muller shop and get the Greggs free cokes)
    The shop charged £5.11 for the micro sim :mad:

So I went on live chat with 3 this afternoon and there is a link whereby OH could have got a replacement sim via the link for free. I argued my case with 3 that he was not told this in the shop and after 10 mins of discussion they agreed to put £5.11 credit on the account against the next bill.

I think the moral of the story is not to change phones unless your really really need to
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    My Muller shop from earlier....Used Cherry Bakewell yoghurt as Trig

£7:79 APG

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.35
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A
    1x Magners Original Irish Cider (18x440) £12.00 £10.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Viakal Limescale Remover Liquid (500ml) £3.20 £2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £22.41 £16.25
    +£6.16 cheaper
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I've just gone into battle with 3.

OH has changed his phone :mad: - I dread to think how much he has spent but he seems now to have a personal phone identical to his work phone - I can see that being a problem.

Most of the apps have transferred across from old Samsung to new phone including his shopping apps eg COS, shopimum etc. Of course they are now logged out so the passwords all need re setting - you are never loged out of apps so you never need to know what the passwords are :mad:

Even more annoying I had to go into town with him last Friday as the new phone needed a micro sim and its my name on both accounts. I loathe going into our nearest town - vile place.
    (The only saving grace was being able to do a Muller shop and get the Greggs free cokes)
    The shop charged £5.11 for the micro sim :mad:

So I went on live chat with 3 this afternoon and there is a link whereby OH could have got a replacement sim via the link for free. I argued my case with 3 that he was not told this in the shop and after 10 mins of discussion they agreed to put £5.11 credit on the account against the next bill.

I think the moral of the story is not to change phones unless your really really need to

Men! When I got a new phone I simply asked for a micro sim and they posted it to me for free.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    SSM are offering freebies I've ordered a couple. They have just appeared on top of all the coupon offers:)

Your free Pantene Foam conditioner for fine hair is winging its way to you! Once
    you’ve tried it, we’d love to know what you think, so don’t forget
    to leave us a review.

Your free 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner is winging its way to you! Once
    you’ve tried it, we’d love to know what you think, so don’t forget
    to leave us a review.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Oh bless mohc!

We only have the one son, who had some very 'errant' moments in his time and now is a higher tax payer with a lovely wife and to gorgeous daughters, but I still remember the day he left home for uni, couldn't drive, had to pull over and sob! We still call the 'spare' bedroom, is room. sending hugs, . mind you I generally love the days when my Dh is out, alough some day even now I feel lost and lonely

I am hoping that the army will give him the fulfilling career he needs and the stability.
    When he first left home after uni to go to his first job up north I did got slightly bats - he had been at college and uni locally so he still lived at home so we were used to him being around - actually he was doing 3 days of uni, 2 working days and 2 days walking or climbing or kayaking etc plus 4 nights a week with ATC or college so he wasn't at home very much except to eat, shower and sleep. It was just the finality of the final youngest child leaving home.

OH has been home on sick leave for a week, mostly he has been very helpful where he can - realising I am keeping busy so I don't have time to think. And keeping out of my way when I am in the midst of doing something that needs concentration.
    But getting the new phone has left me exasperated!

Eldest child left home when she was 18 - long story. But she still has her bedroom despite the rarity of her visits. Eldest son also now sleeps there when he comes home as the boys room is not fit for human habitation :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure