Facebook management

Im a small business and run mum and baby classes. I dont have the time to do the constant posting, blogging etc but find all of my biz comes from fb. Im thinking of having a social media manger ? Has anyone else invested in this and thought it was worth it.

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Fefee wrote: »
    Im a small business and run mum and baby classes. I dont have the time to do the constant posting, blogging etc but find all of my biz comes from fb. Im thinking of having a social media manger ? Has anyone else invested in this and thought it was worth it.

It depends on what you expect and what you offer. If Facebook is where you get the majority of your business, then I would invest time in that, rather than other advertising that you currently do.

A good social media manager will be £30k full time.

Now you wont need it full time probably, but then you're looking at paying a premium for low hours. or having someone inexperienced.
  • Fefee
    Fefee Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Im expecting them to get me visable and well known and bookings .
  • I own a limited company with a 6 figure turnover - and I wouldn't be able to justify a social media manager.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Fefee
    Fefee Posts: 46 Forumite
    Its more fb help rather than management , someone who does posting and that for me
  • Fefee wrote: »
    Its more fb help rather than management , someone who does posting and that for me
    How much do you expect to pay for it?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • waste of money, you don't have to do constant posting and blogging to have a decent facebook presence.
  • Guest101
    Fefee wrote: »
    Im expecting them to get me visable and well known and bookings .

How many bookings?

How visible, what's your service area?

What do you do now marketing wise?

I mean I do this for a living, but if you cant provide basic answers, then how can you expect results?
  • Guest101
    tastyhog wrote: »
    waste of money, you don't have to do constant posting and blogging to have a decent facebook presence.

Yes and no.

it's not a waste of money, it's usually the best way to spend money.

But you typically only need the person 1 or 2 days a week for a small business.

The advantage is that you usually get content creation alongside management (and if you don't, then find someone else)
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    I have a facebook 'manager' who does my business posts to fb and to instagram (its my niece) I pay her £4 per post and she does 5 each week to fb and some to instagram.

She researches all of the images, adds the editorial and posts them. Its easy money for her and she often doe it when shes sat on the bus!!
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Guest101
    phill99 wrote: »
    I have a facebook 'manager' who does my business posts to fb and to instagram (its my niece) I pay her £4 per post and she does 5 each week to fb and some to instagram.

She researches all of the images, adds the editorial and posts them. Its easy money for her and she often doe it when shes sat on the bus!!
    Seems a reasonable solution.

It certainly depends on the size of the business. If there is a lot of contact via facebook, lots of offers to put out and lots of followers then one would expect to pay good money for that.

The rule on social media is an 80:20 split, so for every 'offer' you post, you should post 4 fun things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure