Talking to ESA

My daughter has various disabilities, and finding it increasingly hard to understand and cope with the pressure ESA place upon her. ESA have received letters from her GP and therapist to advice of her delicate situation. My question is, Can my daughter write a letter or such like giving me permission to speak on her behalf ?

Just recently ESA have asked her to have yet another assessment after according to them there has been a change in circumstances, this part includes the following from ESA. "We have been made aware of a potential change in your circumstances that you have not notified us of. " My daughter has made ESA aware of all changes via letter and proof of post was obtained.
We are thinking that some one else has got involved perhaps a so called friend whom is unaware of circumstances and possible reported her. I know they are not permitted to give names if known.
Question, Can ESA tell her if the information was from a third party ?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    My daughter has various disabilities, and finding it increasingly hard to understand and cope with the pressure ESA place upon her. ESA have received letters from her GP and therapist to advice of her delicate situation. My question is, Can my daughter write a letter or such like giving me permission to speak on her behalf ?

Just recently ESA have asked her to have yet another assessment after according to them there has been a change in circumstances, this part includes the following from ESA. "We have been made aware of a potential change in your circumstances that you have not notified us of. " My daughter has made ESA aware of all changes via letter and proof of post was obtained.
    We are thinking that some one else has got involved perhaps a so called friend whom is unaware of circumstances and possible reported her. I know they are not permitted to give names if known.
    Question, Can ESA tell her if the information was from a third party ?
    You'll be able to answer some questions if she isn't able to but you won't be able to speak on her behalf, unless you're her appointee.

Maybe this is the reason why they're re-assessing her. Have these changes she reported made her condition worse? Did she have another ESA50 form sent to her? If not then she should have. If someone has reported her for something then they wouldn't tell you who. If someone had reported her then i would have thought they'd call her in for aninterview and not a re-assessment, especially if she hasn't had the ESA50 form.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You'll be able to answer some questions if she isn't able to but you won't be able to speak on her behalf, unless you're her appointee.

That's not correct. The daughter would have to speak to ESA initially and answer security questions but after that her mother would be able to speak on her behalf. ESA can note on the system that the customer has asked that XYZ speak to them on her behalf. Many people don't require appointees but have difficulty with the phone. Examples could be person with hearing difficulties, severe stammer, anxiety... the list is pretty endless.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    That's not correct. The daughter would have to speak to ESA initially and answer security questions but after that her mother would be able to speak on her behalf. ESA can note on the system that the customer has asked that XYZ speak to them on her behalf. Many people don't require appointees but have difficulty with the phone. Examples could be person with hearing difficulties, severe stammer, anxiety... the list is pretty endless.
    Having just re-read the OP post i thought they said speak on the daughters behalf during an assessment. Sorry my mistake, i did actually know that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure