PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

Comments

• katiepants
    katiepants Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Please could I join again? I won't officially start until the 20th July as I'm away on my summer hols next week. But I'd like to lose 14lbs during the challenge...
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 July 2019 at 11:49AM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling -/10
    Cranky -
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Gingerlily -/14
    HoneytheWitch -/14
    Izadora -/7
    Katiepants -/14
    MovingForward -/10
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover -/12
    Sirens -/14
    Zafiro1984 -/28

Weight Loss week 1 ..................
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Sorry to be a pain Brambling, but are we weighing in this week still, or starting next week?
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2019 at 3:24PM
    Hi Everyone,

Well I weighed in at 10st 6lbs this morning. I am aiming to lose at least 14lbs before my daughters wedding in September, though ideally I'd like to lose a couple more!

My leg is almost back to normal. I managed to start walking in flat shoes after a week and didn't miss a session of Pilates as a lot of that is lying down. I've also been swimming for the past couple of weeks. Today I went back to yoga and on Wednesday I cautiously tried a very gentle tennis session. I'm not ready for a more energetic tennis with running around yet so need to give that a couple of weeks I think. It will be four weeks on Sunday that I tore the muscle so I think I've done really well. I've been doing all the exercises and seen a physiotherapist twice so far.

Now I'm nearly back to normal I need to really buckle down and concentrate. I intend to carry on doing my low carb approach with time restricted eating. I usually manage to not eat after six each evening and then don't eat again till lunch time the next day. I think I need to cut down on fat a bit as although its a LCHF (low carb high fat) approach the fat I burn really needs to be my own!!

Im at work shortly so had quite a substantial lunch. I shan't finish till after nine so hopefully won't need to eat a meal when I get back. I've had Yoga this morning and a short walk but am a long way off my step target at present (back up to 16,000 minimum). I shall get some at work and walking there and back so hopefully will manage it by bedtime.

Lunch: Smoked salmon and avocado salad, with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg and mayonnaise. Greek yoghurt with stewed plums.
    Treat: Fruit split icecream lolly.

Good luck everyone.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Brambling
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain Brambling, but are we weighing in this week still, or starting next week?

I'll leave that up to you Sirens I'm happy to update your figures when you want, just don't look too closely at the weekly totals at the bottom of the list :D

Rosewood I have added 14lb to the list. Glad to hear the leg is on the mend

I sat down lunchtime and wrote a menu plan which will take me to Wednesday dinner, looking back I can see that the weeks I have done this I have had good weight losses. I used my freezer / fridge audit to plan as I'm also trying to eat down what's in the freezer, which is a whole different challenge.

Food wise today :-
    B - fruit and FF greek yoghurt (banana, peach and strawberries)
    L - LO chinese style pork fillet and veg with whole wheat noodles - there was 1tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of oil between two portions
    D - will be mussels with salad and some air fried chips (they will probably be a lot fatter than frites :))
    S - Fibre 1 chocolate brownie, apple, babybel cheese portion
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    hello all, can i join in? I'd like to lose 10 pounds (i have 2 holidays so being realistic for me) i weighed in on monday.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Brambling
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    hello all, can i join in? I'd like to lose 10 pounds (i have 2 holidays so being realistic for me) i weighed in on monday.

Welcome DundeeDoll :). I've added you to the list
  • honeythewitch
    honeythewitch Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can I join in please? I would like to lose a stone in this challenge. :)
  • Brambling
    Can I join in please? I would like to lose a stone in this challenge. :)

Welcome honeythewitch :). I've added you to the list
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Evening Everyone,

A quick post before I go off to work. I managed without a meal last night when I got back, just had a (large!) piece of Brie. However, I did feel the need to eat breakfast after my swim this morning.

DGD has been all day so we've been busy playing.

Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast
    Lunch: Smoked salmon, cream cheese, pepperoni slices, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber. Greek yoghurt with plum compote.
    Dinner: Yellowfin sole with peas, peppers and cauliflower cheese.
    Treat: Frappe when we met my Mother and DiL for coffee.

Have a good evening everyone

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure