PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 15th July 2019

Comments

• FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning :)

I was up again at 5am.

I've stripped and remade the bed
    Dusted through out
    WM x 2
    Bedlinen on the line
    Currently washing the living room throws
    Changed the tablecloth
    Thrown away old flowers :( (I'd also love to be able to justify fresh flowers every week)

I'll tidy away the clean, dry washing in my room

I don't really have hot spots or clutter.

That kind of thing was always the ex-DHs and now he's no longer on the scene, I keep my living space pretty lean.

I'll tackle the floors when I get home, I can't decide whether hoovering in a terrace at this time of the morning would disturb the neighbours.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Awake early. Popped down to put DW & WM on; tested jam (ie tilted a jar) and It has set. Hopefully I will get the rest jammed after work. Mind you I did test, but there always a worry. 7 jars.

I'll get up o ce DS has gone. I've lots to remember including picking up flowers for friend who retires today, although she is going to supply as a TA. proper florists bouquet! Fingers crossed she loves her gift.

Actual flying cen wait. After all I'm off next week...and the following week...and the following week...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Jojo, I'm glad the new job seems organised and getting thing sorted for you, good luck with it in September.

Valli, hope the jam sets ok.

Off out volunteering for an hour or so.
    Managed a walk with OH around the park last night, but it took a loooooong time!
    Gas / electric meter readings done
    General sorting to be done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2019 at 3:24PM
    The breadmaker is in full swing with a brioche mix bought in France. The French instructions are a bit mystifying - is a temperate egg an egg at room temperature? And would milk straight out of the fridge be at 30 - 35°? We'll know at about 7.15 pm this evening, so straight after the Archers. Good.

Cousins I didn't know existed have been in touch about a great uncle that was written out of the family, quite literally, some time in the 1920s or 1930s. Turns out his divorced wife in the UK had an illegitimate son at some point prior to their marriage so around WW1, and the uncle had a second family in New Zealand. I've spent a few hours on researching it this morning and am absolutely stunned by it all. I knew of this man from the 1901 Census but no-one from my generation had ever heard of him!

As for Flying - mainly sorting and tidying again. I'm drowning in gibble once more. I'll dust the de-gibbled surfaces after they're cleared. It's really, really bad. Froggie minutes and planning talk notes dispatched at last.
    Better is good enough.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi all

Dailies done and paid stuff done but that was all I managed in the end. Will play catch up tomorrow.

Have a good evening all x
  • Too darned hot, so doing a little rain dance in the hope of nixing Sports Day tomorrow. I'll be able to get on with some work if it toshes down properly, and in this neck of the woods, we usually have one torrential downpour by the last week of term.

Thinking about retrieving some posh bedlinen from the hamper on top of the wardrobe whilst Himself is 'stirfrying' (ie, boiling in its own juices) some bits that are apparently going into fajitas. After that, I'm thinking shower and yet another ridiculously early night, even if I'm not sleeping.

I am going to blitz the kitchen and bathrooms once I've finished work on Friday/Saturday morning. It'll be good to get it feeling a bit cleaner, as it's pretty good in terms of tidiness (except for the kitchen, as Himself is still rubbish at that), but it needs to feel clean to me, just in case he suddenly starts work and isn't around to do it [crosses fingers for at least a month of some form of control in the kitchen/housework arena].

Anybody want to start a sweepstake on what ridiculous gift I'll be lumbered with on Friday? My money's on a bloody potted Moth Orchid or a cheap bottle of plonk.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's rained this evening here in the east midlands, but I got all my washing dry, so I'm very happy.

I didn't do the floors this evening. I think that will be a Friday evening job each week, with the washing of work clothes so that things are nice for the weekend.

Even though I slept badly last night, I've felt fine today and having done some flying before work has helped me feel like I'm managing to achieve something with my time outside of work :)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm in the East Midlands too...big area though Frankie!

well my colleague LOVED her gifts. And the carefully-chosen pendant and chain. I'm glad I stood my ground. She, Jo, got a silver pendant, champagne and a bouquet. And an easel and art supplies.
    I've spent the entire evening de-stemming a further 3 pounds of currants. They're simmering in a lidded pan so can be safely left until tomorrow to actually be turned into jam. I'll let them cool overnight.

And I am shattered.

The lisst next week will be based on my house, which is a tip. So your forewarned.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,975 Forumite
    Valli wrote: »
    The lisst next week will be based on my house, which is a tip. So your forewarned.
    and be thankful it's not based on my house.. you'd be lucky to get one room done in a week!

I REALLY want a twirl.. I don't actually want one it's just my tummy that does.. the rest of me is being resistant.. though I reckon if I had one I would stop wanting one and life could go on.

I need some carbs down me tomorrow!

Just managed to get the dry washing in before it was too wet to bother.. now airing it through in the dryer so it can be put away.

Sorting dates to go to the outlaws over summer.. thinking maybe 2-3 nights at the beginning and 2-3 nights at the end.. split it up so we don't overwhelm his mother and it also gives me something to bribe the girls with.We shall see..

Looking forward very much to having the girls home.. no school runs.. no uniforms.. no struggle to bath everyone.. we can be chilled and have days out and actually learn to like each other again.

Day spent in their new classes did not go too well for Squeaks teacher.. he has Dot next year.. after today I think he might resign! He s a very quiet sort and I think Dot might turn him into a drooling loon.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Morning all

Slept a little better last night but still not great so given up and got up this morning. Raining a little here so will hold off on putting wash on until I see what the weather is going to do. I’m fairly up to date with washing and would prefer not to have to dry it inside.

Am definitely going to do a bit before starting paid stuff today, will just have tea and breakfast then will shower and face the day.

Have a good day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport