What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,278
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all

FVD Well done on the job app - like your attitude!

Up early, 2 big loads of washing out although its a bit dull. Off to make myself look presentable for work next. Thursday is a long day as I have both jobs then take DS2 to footie training, mind you that won't be for much longer.

Oh, must remember to find something for my brothers birthday too.

Right, best get moving.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning Campers,
    Little bit of a slower start for me today as it's 8 a.m & I haven't done anything yet! Feel a bit headachey fighring off this small lergy but I think it will shift as the day progresses. Today I will:
    *Wash my hair & let it dry naturally (Conditioner is a use-it-up & will be swilled around with water to get the last bit out.....also cleanser as have just cut open the bottle).
    *Wrap 3 ebay sales (all recycled packaging).
    *Put tonight's meal in slow cooker as I have to go out this evening....persuaded mr f to come with me by mentioning tge word 'buffet'.......
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Make bread.
    *Sort laundry & iron only what really needs it.
    *Check & water baby veggie seedlings.
    *Scrub more plant labels so as to be able to re-use them.
    *Update grocery budget & sort out a 'money swap' by paying £20 off a CC.
    *Very little heating on now. No downstairs heating needed this week, so that's a saving & we can be secure in the knowledge our energy credit balance will build now, ready for next winter.
    I think that's all I'll get done today with having to get ready to go out early evening.
    Have a good day, all.
    F x

"For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning frugal pals. No post yesterday, it was just too much to do with not enough day :o feel today might be the same, but am trying to get a head start.

Washing already outside from cheap overnight wash, another load in and that will go out too
    Check banking, DH has been paid a day early - something to do with next pay day been Easter so they need to pay that a day early too.
    Check surveys and FPL
    If number switches on new phone sign up to two trials, one for 6 months one for 3. Both free. Make a note of when they end so I can cancel in advance
    Meals from stores
    Work from home so no commute, hopefully able to do some more work in that time
    Pick up click and collect parcel
    Pay some coins in the bank as I think I have a couple of full ones
    Get DH to log on to bank and do some shufling of funds
    Pad to CC
    Message customer about items and let her know how much
    Car being serviced - work are paying, so no cost to me :D
    Signed up to charitable giving at work yesterday, need to log back on to check it's ok and adjust my income for next month. It's not a lots buts it's the most mse way if doing it as it's tax effective.

Ziggy hope your son is ok

Right, must get on.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 March 2017 at 8:38AM
    Morning all :)
    Today's plans:
    NSD Done :D
    Dog walks x 2 I coincided the morning one with a trip to the post office with RM survey items, and OH did the second one :)
    Just OH and I, so plan to use up bits from the fridge for meals.Will investigate exactly what is in there shortly! Found a small dish of leftover mashed potato, which OH converted into fish cakes with tinned fish from the larder, fresh parsley, capers and a spoonful of tartare sauce from the jar in the fridge. Also found some leftover streaky bacon, which went into lunchtime sandwiches, and a thick slice of ham, some mushrooms, some slightly squishy tomatoes and an almost full pot of OOD cream. The cream looked and smelled fine, so I made pastry and turned the lot into quiche, adding eggs from DD's ducks and chives from the garden :)
    Also made a batch of hot cross buns and a dozen mince pies using up mincemeat left from Xmas :)
    Start a shopping list, though I don't intend to go today Done, nearly out of coffee :eek:, so I will need to go tomorrow!
    Clean bathroom floor (again - my black and white tiles look fabulous - for about 5 minutes directly after cleaning, and until the first specks of dust land :() Still dusty I am afraid, didn't get to this :o
    More stuff in the garden, go through seeds to see what else I have that can usefully go in now. Because my veg garden is very small, basically just one decent sized raised bed and a load of containers, I am looking closer into square foot and other small space methods, much fun being had with my gardening books and seed packets :)We didn't get the promised nice day unfortunately -it was cold and windy :( So I only nipped out for a few minutes to sow some radish seed. Also harvested second lot of forced rhubarb, now cooked and in fridge. I have taken the big pot off the rhubarb crown now and banked it up with compost to give it a bit of protection from any frost. It can grow naturally now!
    Stripped off DS's bed and washed the linen. Dried on the line in the cold wind :) I must pop it onto the airer before bed to finish off.
    I have chives, parsley, rosemary, sage and mint ready in the garden, so need to make an effort to use these :)Used parsley in the fish cakes made by OH, chives in the BLT sandwiches I made for lunch and in the quiche :)
    I have an item to post for RM surveys, plus an ebay sale once the buyer pays up! RM surveys stuff done, ebay buyer still hasn't paid :(
    Time for dog walk #1, back later to update :)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good Morning All

Another gorgeous day here, could almost get used to it:rotfl: Not much to do here, infact nothing, everything is up to date so will be sitting in the garden this afternoon with another book from bookcase (can't believe I've read 12 already this year). So today's plans:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Continue watching "A Touch of Frost" boxset on Firestick - In progress
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Luckyphone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read (in garden) -
    Yantra Mat -
    Bake -

Have a great day. Love to you all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all1,

Sun is peeking through the mist - love misty days! Really feels like the weather is on the turn and I can feel it :D

Today:
    *Bought pet food after school run (argued for the OOD discount that was on the shelf so got refund/saving of £2.44)
    *All meals from home
    *Flylady the bathroom
    *Check YNAB
    *Washing mountain
    *Pet related cleaning
    *Try to do the odd survey
    *Use it or loose it gym session tonight
    *Book next session before place run out as released today
    *Doe something from the 'long term MS' list i.e. claim to Equifax, sort life assurance (I find this mentally taxing
    *4 hours of work

Hope all have a lovely day :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Because of the cuts?

Partly. Apparently the new Head has inherited a significant deficit from the last one and has to find savings from somewhere. It's mainly admin and support staff, but it's really difficult to deal with.
  • Quiet day so far...
    Skint so no money spending
    Busy so no money spending.
    Really nothing at all to report other than I desperately need to pull myself round a bit and get back into the mse ways that I know I can do.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,613
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    All this talk about slugs.....i feel like one!!!!
    Still full of cold so just taking it easy. Went to HB this morning for pegs.....got everything except for pegs, forgot my list and forgot my pegs
    All pet related cleaning done
    Banking all checked
    have been keeping an eye on credit reports. Had the three fraud thing where I found out my details were released and I have had another name appear on one of my reports. now removed but keeping a close eye on things
    Plan to hoover and clean the kitchen floor later....life always seems better when the kitchen floor is clean-weird I know!
    Have a great day moneysavers x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    CCL - you're sounding really down - remember & take care of you

I feel so jealous with all you lot doing gardenny things - blowing a hoolie here & it's freezing (wind chill & all that). Tomorrow's meant to be worse according to the God known as Windy Wilson.

Anyhow - today's not finished but I'm posting - again to get a jump on tomorrow when DH is off (& will hopefully be sleeping for a long time - he needs it)

Today's list:-

• [STRIKE]Make fake tomato soup - only just found the recipe again[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Phone cousin & aunt to make arrangements for me picking them up in hired car next week [/STRIKE]
    • Another couple of job apps for DH - started but need info from DH / company prior to further action - done but this will be an ongoing thing
    • Review a company website for DH & fill in his details for him. I have to "be him" at times (insert roll eyes smiley in here) - unable to get in
    • [STRIKE]Phone work to let them know I should be back 29th March - I'm going back on a staged return so this should allow enough time to have things put in place[/STRIKE]
    • Paperwork - start on 1st pass of this for Kondo. Will be piling like with like to all me to make a start on this.:o
    • [STRIKE]Look out both passports & put them in folder with boarding passes (yes - I am that sad :o )[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Review airport parking options for Tuesday[/STRIKE]
    • Review car hire offers for Tuesday
    • [STRIKE]Print off directions & details for travel in Bristol/Wales on Tuesday[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Print off copy of my "paper copy" for driving license (I have one for DH) in case required by car hire co - put copies of both in folder[/STRIKE]
    • Tidy & clean house with minimal products - DH is off on Friday & last time this happened his brother decided to visit at 9am :eek::eek:
    • [STRIKE]NSD[/STRIKE]
    And for tomorrow
    • Look at car hire options
    • Clean remainder of house (will tidy & clean some rooms today but will clean the rest tomorrow morning)
    • Discuss car parking options with DH
    • Job apps for DH as required
    • Start paperwork sorting - I REALLY need to do this
    • Look at bills and budget for next week's wages coming in :eek::eek::eek:
    • NSD

Not too much but I feel much better about the travel required next week as it's all pretty much sorted. It will be a long enough day.

So - hope to catch up with y'all later tonight - but if not I hope you all have a good evening & a good night's sleep
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family