Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ah, goatcam must not be working, sorry! They didn't seem the most organised bunch so i'm not hugely surprised :rotfl:

Been to the tip with another car full of stuff, and spent £35 in b&q on plants :eek: garden should be extremely jolly soon though :j

Was planning another tip trip with garden stuff but i spent so long trying desperately to stuff all the sticks/branches in the car (and it's a BIG car!) that i didn't have time to get back to the tip before it shut :o So it's all going to have to stay in there overnight making the car all damp and smelly and insecty :eek: Ah well, nowt to be done about that now!

Best have a cup of tea instead :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    ... and now I'm trying to remove that green metal paint that I put on the shower tiles a couple of weeks ago :o:o We've decided the whole room will look much better bright white and blue - which means removing all this mad paint (which was covering up an ancient layer of green paint) and removing and redoing my sealant round the bath...

Ah well

Heat gun doing a good job of removing the recent layers of paint, but struggling to tackle the ancient layer...

And I can't find the right plug for the steamer so haven't yet got as far as sorting the other wall.

Yawnity yawn yawn.

House buttling certainly is a test of patience sometimes!
  • Ah, goatcam must not be working, sorry!

Hey Cheery! Goatcam does work - I actually don't know what is funnier, the goats, or the bottom half of people's legs *buttling* past and/or into, the pen - it gives an 'early film' feel to it - you know, like a Charlie Chaplin film or something :D Looks like they are tucked up in beddybyes now though - just as well, as either the pen has been sluiced or there is rain over in your corner of the globe :D

Greying x
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Those goats are cuties:-)

You're inspiring me to get cracking on plants myself - I just have a glassed in balcony but want some nice herbs in pretty pots.

Thank you Cheery and Karmacat for the welcome:-)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Herbs in pretty pots are the best, and pretty easy to look after :j

Very pleased to hear GoatCam works :j :j Will investigate tomorrow when they're awake again :D

It has indeed been raining here all day Greying!

Well I got fed up of the heat gun :o I spent a good half hour sitting with my feet in the bath (no water! :eek: ) holding what is effectively an industrial strength hair dryer in one hand and a wallpaper scraper in the other. It's kind of dull - can't even hear the radio :o

And I was very aware that my mother gave herself RSI with some vigorous scraping :eek: Didn't want to do the same :eek:

Mr Cheery said there was some paint stripper in the cellar, but having spent 10 minutes in the cellar and not even scratched the surface, I confess I resorted to Wickes :o:o

We're never going to be rich at this rate :o

Anyway, I've slapped on a good coat of paintstripper, and it already looks like it's bubbling and blistering :j :j Got to leave it for an hour, o I'm going to try to reclaim *some* of the kitchen from the never-ending creep of *stuff* :eek:

Wish we had a driveway - then we could park a caravan on it and live in that while we did everything else :o :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good grief Cheery! That was at 9pm last night :eek: you have to pace yourself a bit, young lady :rotfl::o:eek:

Though I agree, tidying and stopping creeping :D is important :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I've attacked the laundry "creep" this weekend! - one more load to hang up! Then we will have some storecupboard pizza as it's monthend & pay does not arrive until Tuesday!:eek:

Cupboard is tidy & OH is fully stocked with trousers, shirts, pants, socks & jeans. My cloths are much easier to tackle - most are wash & wear - drapey jersey type things or materials that don't crush or need ironing! - Lots of mending done as well - buttons sewn - hems repaired - split seams repaired!:D

Now to tackle that darn budgeting thing that needs doing every month - I still dream of winning a lottery so robbing peter to pay paul would be a thing of the past! - I think I've scaped a bit together for the debt - but march/april has a lot of annual bills to come out so maybe not?:o
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I like the sound of storecupboard pizza! And I really admire the sound of mending going on - I never do it. Ever. I should - it would extend the life and convenience of clothes by a *long* time, but I just don't do it, oops. Never mind - when I win the lottery (erm, not that I enter) I'll provide us all with a lifetime supply of such goodies :rotfl:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    RT thanks for the reminder. My mending pile is getting bigger by the day. Must set some time aside to do it.

KC you are very kind offering to share your imaginary lottery winnings with us. I don't play either but I've always said that if I did win, I would be happy with just enough to be comfortable - mortgage paid off, enough in savings for emergencies (a year's salary maybe?) and a bit more left over to treat family and friends. There really is no need for the obscene amounts that footballers earn for example.

Did the paint come off the tiles Cheery?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    I too am very impressed with your mending RT! :j :j Got a bit of a pile myself, not least a giant hole ripped in the thigh of my favourite jeans :eek:

We had pizza tonight, but it was a £1.85 one from Sainsbury's, not storecupboard :o :rotfl:

I have indeed just taken most of the last of the paint off the tiles :j Wasn't convinced it was going to come off, but another couple of rounds of paintstripper and now the whole wall is white, rather than various shades of dark green. It's quite a shock actually :eek: :rotfl:

Still little bits stuck here and there that I'll get off with the wallpaper scraper and heat gun - but given the amount of water sloshing around trying to get the paintstripper off I didn't think heat gun was a good idea! :eek: (that's actually what I would have looked like :eek: ) :rotfl:

Just done budgetry tidying up before payday tomorrow :j Lost track a little and hadn't been entering things in YNAB at the time I spent them, just going through receipts after a few days, which is FAR more difficult so straight back to doing it at the time!

Bit of a spendy month...

My personal spends were £168 :eek: Although that did include driving licence renewal and two train trips to other cities for study type things (also included tapas and sherry :o 4 lots of lunch out with friends, and £23.28 on unnecesssary sweets and crap, mostly at train stations :eek: :eek: )

What else? Spent £57 out of the treats budget this month (treats budget is only £50) - 2 takeaways and 5 lots of lunch out (three times while house hunting) so not too bad.

Also bizarrely seem to have spent £71 on food - Mr Cheery's meant to be in charge of the food budget so not sure what went on there! :eek:

In house-related stuff... £15 on householdy supplies (bin liners, pillowcases, new lock for the back door), £48 on garden stuff (mostly plants) and £189 on house maintenance stuff :eek: but that included £60 for a new printer, £55 to have the new cooker fitted, £20 to have our land registry forms stamped by the solicitor (kind of house maintenance as it's adding me to the house deeds!), also a giant pile of paint, tile cutter, paint stripper...

Not too bad when you look at that list! :rotfl:

Ready for payday though... :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family