PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

RightMove Relisting

Our house is back on the market after the buyers pulled out 6 weeks into the process. The EA has asked RightMove to update the listing date as we're still showing as being listed in Jan and therefore won't show up in on-going searches using the 'added to site' filter.

EA has sent Memorandum of Sale as requested by RM on Friday (to prove it's an aborted sale and not just trying to bump a sticky listing) but it's still not been updated. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for RM to amend a listing and if there's anything we can do to speed it along?

In Jan we had 8 viewings and an asking price offer within 6 days of listing and this time around we've had just 2 viewings in the same space of time so it does look like lack of visibility is having an impact.

Desperate not to lost the house we've offered on!! :(

Comments

• We are selling via an online agent, so have control of the back end of our RM listing.
    Every time I made an amendment, it showed up almost immediately (remembering to refresh my browser!) although RM does state to allow 24 hours for any changes to show up.
    Still, it's now well past 24 hours in your case.
    Can you perhaps check with your agent to make sure they have in fact actioned it?
    In my (recent) experience of agents, many are not always as quick off the mark as they should be and stuff they consider 'non-urgent' can easily get shoved to the bottom of the pile and forgotten.
    Yes, I know you would think it was in their interest to get properties sold, but even as a proceedable buyer, trying to get them to call back to set up viewings continues to be an ongoing problem for us.
    It would be easier to arrange an audience with the Pope.
    Just keep on at your agent until it appears.
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We are selling via an online agent, so have control of the back end of our RM listing.
    Every time I made an amendment, it showed up almost immediately (remembering to refresh my browser!) although RM does state to allow 24 hours for any changes to show up.
    Still, it's now well past 24 hours in your case.
    Can you perhaps check with your agent to make sure they have in fact actioned it?
    In my (recent) experience of agents, many are not always as quick off the mark as they should be and stuff they consider 'non-urgent' can easily get shoved to the bottom of the pile and forgotten.
    Yes, I know you would think it was in their interest to get properties sold, but even as a proceedable buyer, trying to get them to call back to set up viewings continues to be an ongoing problem for us.
    It would be easier to arrange an audience with the Pope.
    Just keep on at your agent until it appears.

The problem the OP has is that the normal system of updates needs to be overridden at Rightmove's end. The EA needs to contact RM and plead their case on behalf of the OP.
  • chou-chou
    chou-chou Posts: 135 Forumite
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    The problem the OP has is that the normal system of updates needs to be overridden at Rightmove's end. The EA needs to contact RM and plead their case on behalf of the OP.

Exactly Surrey. RM introduced some new rules fairly recently to stop EAs bumping properties because they're not selling so we need to convince RM that we're worthy of relisting! The EA doesn't have any control over the listing date.

My EA has done what they've asked but can only communicate via email. My F5 key is getting worn out with all the refreshing of the page!!
  • Surrey_EA wrote: »
    Exactly, so OP needs to keep on the agent's case until that happens. :)
  • victoriavictorious
    victoriavictorious Posts: 358 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2018 at 2:50PM
    ...Further to all that, I only found out by chance two days ago (when a property I'd been interested in came back on the market after having been SSTC) that they do not reappear on RM as a new listing, or in an alert, if the sale falls through.
    Unfortunately I missed out yet again, as it immediately went under offer again that same day, but this did teach me the necessity of trawling through the same search every day, and not rely on alerts or the 'within 24 hours" option.
    By doing this, I found another property that had fallen through and was being remarketed, and managed to book a viewing for it this week. Had I not done that, I'd never have even known it was available again.
    I'm not sure how widely known this is, and while I recognise that remarketing a property after a short time, or with a new agent, does not constitute a 'new on the market' property, I do feel this is a serious and counter productive omission /flaw in the RM search criteria resulting in a lot of sellers and buyers losing out unless they know to go through everything daily with a fine tooth comb.
    And aint nobody got no time for dat!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Could you get your agent to do whatever it needs to to make yours a Featured Property, then at least it would become a bit more prominent.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• chou-chou
    chou-chou Posts: 135 Forumite
    Slinky wrote: »
    Could you get your agent to do whatever it needs to to make yours a Featured Property, then at least it would become a bit more prominent.

It's already a 'Premium Listing' - is that the same thing?
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    My neighbour's house went back on the market as listed on the day the sale fell through.
    It appeared again on RM within 30 minutes as a 'new' listing after the vendor spoke with the EA.
  • Surrey_EA
    Margot123 wrote: »
    My neighbour's house went back on the market as listed on the day the sale fell through.
    It appeared again on RM within 30 minutes as a 'new' listing after the vendor spoke with the EA.

It's not something that can be controlled by the individual EA, has to be altered by Rightmove head office.
  • Surrey_EA
    chou-chou wrote: »
    It's already a 'Premium Listing' - is that the same thing?

No, premium listings give extra photos in the initial thumbnail, and are more 'distinctive' box, a featured property appears in a large box at the top of the results page.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure