Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AlexLK wrote: »
    We've had a lot of snow drives for both business and personal reasons, bit of an excuse to get the LR out. :D My son had a wonderful time enjoying the snow this weekend. :)
    :j:j:j

And *you* had a wonderful time in the LR :j Hurray :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you both had a good time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks Karmacat and Beanie. :) Yes, I enjoyed getting the LR out in the snow. :o:D;)

A good but busy work day today. Aware I need to work on my records and make some March targets. Still feels like February due to the weather ... well I'll blame it on that. :o

Son wasn't happy this morning when we realised we had nothing to make lunch with and were too late to drive to the supermarket so had to have a school made lunch. He didn't really enjoy it and Mrs. K. made matters worse this evening by taking a photo of a delicious looking cafe lunch she had and showing to our son declaring she had a lovely meal. :rotfl: I had a shockingly bad (healthwise) but delicious lunch from a cafe close to my office.

Realised Easter is not far away after the in-laws called to ask what we've planned. :eek: From that, you can likely gather we've planned absolutely nothing. :rotfl: :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Cannot seem to work out what I want to do this March, apart from a £250 overpayment and £1,500 saving. Have put a few more kitchen ideas together over the past few weeks and have a plan to work towards. Also at this stage with the new project... amazing how quickly things progress when the only goal is to make some money. :rotfl:

Enjoying work still but finding parenting difficult at the moment. He seems to be an awful lot more independent since this school year started. Think a lot is due to both my wife and I now working full time. Academically I do think it has slowed him down as I am not spending as much time moving him forward to the next level apart from with his Music and any school projects he has.

Had a bit of a strange Mother!!!8217;s Day. Son and I bought Mrs. K. a gift, my parents have gone away so not dealt with my mother yet apart from a phone call. :o Went to my cousin!!!8217;s for lunch. Son had decided he wanted to buy her a present and found Mrs. K. had another present from son and cousin. :rotfl:. Visiting the in laws later for dinner, so a busy day.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Cannot seem to work out what I want to do this March, apart from a £250 overpayment and £1,500 saving.
    Em..... that's enough to be getting on with :)
    Enjoying work still but finding parenting difficult at the moment. He seems to be an awful lot more independent since this school year started. Think a lot is due to both my wife and I now working full time. Academically I do think it has slowed him down as I am not spending as much time moving him forward to the next level apart from with his Music and any school projects he has.
    Learning independence is just as important as progressing academically at his age Alex :T.

Rutland Webcam up and running though think they are all still in Africa.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Also, moving forward academically is not always best, breadth, depth and consolidation are crucial, as is application of skills. So, stop fretting. He will be fine. Children with far less parental input are successful in life.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Happy Mother's Day to Mrs LK and I hope you have all had fun. :)

The life of a parent, eh? You were worried about Master LKs social skills a little while back...think of it that he is just catching up there! ;)
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    & just think you are saving & OPing way way in excess of my montly income
    :j :j How awesome :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Em..... that's enough to be getting on with :)

Learning independence is just as important as progressing academically at his age Alex :T.

Rutland Webcam up and running though think they are all still in Africa.

I think it will be enough for this month. :)

I suppose it seems like I'm not as good a parent as I was. Still make as much time as possible for him but things have changed. Seems five minutes ago since he was too young to go to school. :o

Thank you for the reminder re. ospreys. We'll be keeping track of them. :D
    Also, moving forward academically is not always best, breadth, depth and consolidation are crucial, as is application of skills. So, stop fretting. He will be fine. Children with far less parental input are successful in life.

Thank you, wishing. :)
    Happy Mother's Day to Mrs LK and I hope you have all had fun. :)

The life of a parent, eh? You were worried about Master LKs social skills a little while back...think of it that he is just catching up there! ;)

Thank you. :)

He doesn't get on with everyone but hope he is catching up.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    beanielou wrote: »
    & just think you are saving & OPing way way in excess of my montly income
    :j :j How awesome :grin:

:) Trying our best at the moment.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200