ESA timescale

2»

Comments

• fluke13
    fluke13 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    epitome wrote: »
    I disagree, phone them and ask for the exact date re-assessment will begin. See the other thread you replied to.

Did you originally get 1 year of contributory payments? Again see the other thread about ESA after 12 months.

They said the award was for 18 months. just wondered if it was different because its a credit only claim and no money is paid to me.
  • fluke13
    Forumite
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    The OP says they are in the Support Group and only receive NI credits. That suggests they have pension income so may well not have been entitled to payment even in the first 12 months.

What possible benefit is there to the OP by chasing a reassessment?

I'm only 43 so I don't have a pension income. I hadn't worked for nearly 2 years prior to claiming so I wasn't entitled to payment only NI credits (which I'm very grateful for)
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,366
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    fluke13 wrote: »
    I'm only 43 so I don't have a pension income. I hadn't worked for nearly 2 years prior to claiming so I wasn't entitled to payment only NI credits (which I'm very grateful for)

You haven't mentioned having a partner, but I assume you must have one if you have no entitlement to Income Related benefit. Either that or you have savings in excess of £16k.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2018 at 9:05AM
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Honestly, why would anyone want to do that for? Those of use who claim these benefits have a hard enough time without marking the re-assessment date on the calendar. :eek: I've never heard of such nonsense. I'm sorry but I totally disagree with you.
    I'm with poppy on this one. The OP will continue to get their NI credits until and unless ESA get round to calling them back in for reassessment. History suggests that may be much further down the line than the 2 or 3 years they were told would be the case. The OP is doing absolutely nothing wrong by not chasing or reminding ESA of their own system failings and can simply get on with their life.
    I stick with my previous advice to the OP which is to take no action as there is absolutely no benefit to them in chasing a reassessment.
    I didn't say the OP should "chase" a reassessment (i.e. say they want it done ASAP). I said OP should ask what date has been set by the DWP for a reassessment to begin..or if it has begun already and he does not know about it.
    They said the award was for 18 months. just wondered if it was different because its a credit only claim and no money is paid to me.

Have you guys even read the reply I gave to Fluke on the other thread?
    many ESA claimants have woken up one day to find that their ESA is closed for FTRQ or FTAWCA of those over 50% will fail to get good cause allowed and in the case of FTRQ will lose potentially up to 3 months of ESA and in the case of FTA will lose potentially up to 1 year or more of ESA.

I can show you at least 2 threads on this forum where one guy had exactly this problem....and luckily I got it fixed for him because he followed my advice to the letter. And the other one was a guy who wanted to take his claimant-son on holiday "in 2 weeks time" I told him "before you go, phone ATOS to check if there is a live referral. and to tell them of his non available period"

His reply was "I check all of his post and I know there is no current medical re-assessment at this time". I told him I have seen it too many times and he really should take 5 mins out of his time to phone them.
    He came back and said he had phoned them and was told his son has a medical assessment appointment just in the week they are booked to go away on holiday. He had not received the ESA50 or the reminder, or the appointment letter. Had he not come here and had I not replied to him he would have come back from holiday (after the advice on this forum he had received that "Yes 2 weeks will be no problem") to find his son's claim was closed.

So I always advise people when the subject comes up, to ask DWP what exact date their WCA is due to begin again. Because forewarned is forearmed and the info is in screen 791 if the person does not know where to look for it.

"DWP failings" it probably is, but you try telling that to a decision maker who has closed your claim....good luck with that!

So NI credits are important to you. If your claim gets closed for more than 2 weeks in a year that whole year will be lost for NI Credit - pension/benefit purposes. Phone DWP and ask what I replied in the other thread.
  • fluke13
    Forumite
    edited 11 March 2018 at 11:22AM
    You haven't mentioned having a partner, but I assume you must have one if you have no entitlement to Income Related benefit. Either that or you have savings in excess of £16k.

Sorry, yes i have a partner. Just found the letter and it say that I was put in the support group from 12/05/16 for 18 months, claim start date was 16/11/15.
    Does the 18 months go from the claim start date or from the date that I was put in the support group.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2018 at 11:53AM
    Sorry, yes i have a partner. Just found the letter and it say that I was put in the support group from 12/05/16 for 18 months, claim start date was 16/11/15.
    Does the 18 months go from the claim start date or from the date that I was put in the support group.

It's usually from the date of the assessment or the assessment report, if you did not have to attend.

You would have been put in Support Grp from about 16th February 2016 (92 days after start of claim) not 12/05/16.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,366
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Sorry, yes i have a partner.

So I assume it's either partner earnings or working hours which prevents any cash entitlement. If your partners earnings or hours have dropped since your initial claim please let us know the current work situation.
  • fluke13
    Forumite
    So I assume it's either partner earnings or working hours which prevents any cash entitlement. If your partners earnings or hours have dropped since your initial claim please let us know the current work situation.

Partner works 40 hours a week and earnings haven't gone down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure