Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow Pips - that is some proper snow!:j:j:j
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Its dire.
    Looks worse your way.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    & POA great.
    I did mine at the end of last year.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2018 at 1:12PM
    Options
    Aw thanks lovely folks.

GP how wonderful I did have a nosey - marvelous thank you! xx Keep warm with that little un. xx

RT whilst I appreciate this level of snow in your fine country - I do not like it at home as we're as you've discovered woefully set up for anything under than snow on the telly. Hope you're warm and cosy too. xx

Beanie I hope your side of the county is less drifty! Keep warm lovely lady.

Morning lands - a day of snowstorms again (Sigh, four days in, its a tad less fun). We've feasted on pancakes (yay to frozen MIL milk from xmas) and found some brambles I'd used to make cordial and froze the fruit - lush it was too combined with a packet of raspberry jelly - well we've not much in the way of sugar so its unlikely to actually be a preserve more of a wobbly compote. Had some on some yog too - lush indeed.

Its remarkable how your perspective changes when you can't actually physically get out of your village. I made a roast dinner last night (reduced frozen chicken, a mighty good freezer surf find) so we ate moderately from that and whilst usually I'd lob not one but TWO eggs in the yorkies, I made a half mix and froze the half we didn't need, only used one egg as we're down to 7 and eggs are useful things. *although I do have vegan egg replacement, might have a go at using that*

Same for the bread sauce, usually I'd willy-nilly put a whole onion in that and oodles of milk. This time nope half an onion and watered down milk with frozen crusts from the freezer.

Needs must dear hearts but in all seriousness, I dare ever have an empty cupboard, and whilst I'm careful, its out of frugality not necessity.

It has opened my eyes a bit, we could be so much better at frugal-ness than we are.

Well, food for thought indeed. Fires are on, clothes are bundled on and I'm supposed to be working tomorrow if I can get in, so might attempt to dig car out and move it around seems to be some movement in the village.

*An amazon driver just chapped at the door - in this weather. I guess they don't get paid if they don't deliver stuff - no snow ploughs but amazon drivers.

Wowsers.

Keep safe, off to check the banks and maybe don my big girl boots and dig out the car.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope that you can get your car dug out but take care xx

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stay warm and safe!

That's a crazy amount of snow

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope that you can get your car dug out but take care xx

We did huzzah!! :j:j:j:j:j and the farmers dug out the village so we ventured out yesterday afternoon and whilst there were no supplies just about ANYWHERE we did get a protractor which was much needed by the student. And at a good price :money::money:
    Stay warm and safe!

That's a crazy amount of snow

x

Indeed I think its the most I've seen for about 10 years barring holidays - :T - hope you're good me dear.

Well dear hearts the siege has stopped and we even made it to work today. :money: even if driving by 12ft snowdrift resembled iceberg central

HM meals - well been home for about 100million years so why wouldn't I.

Needless to say the garden was empty but we got lots done.

Hope you're all warm and cosy.

:A
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you escaped Pippi! :j :j We escaped too :D although we haven't been *quite* as trapped as you as we did manage to walk 2 miles to the local shop on Friday rofl Today was the first day we managed to get the car out properly though - our lane was walls of icebergs and rather slidey but the main road to the village was actually clear :j :j we made it all the way to the town and had a celebratory trip to @ldi :D

Back to work for me tomorrow - urgh. Shouldn't complain, the snow gave me an extra two days off :j but now I just want to hang around pottering and having no idea what time it is rofl
  • troglodyte
    troglodyte Posts: 697 Forumite
    Options
    Hey there Pippi, hope you have thawed! Glad you had adequate stores in. A good log-pile does give you a sense of security!

Greying thanks for the snowdrop poem link!

We even had a reasonable amount of snow, which was a headache for a friend getting married on Sat! Thankfully almost everyone managed to make it one way or another. Sadly the snow has all disappeared again by now - I was hoping it would last a bit longer so I could go out and play on my X-C skis again!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning pippi and pals :j

Hope you're slowly thawing out :D Thought of you yesterday when we were showing some friends round our new pad and we discovered a patch of snowdrops behind a wall under a tree :j :j Most lovely :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure