PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    It's really hot here as well at the moment and the sun has come out. The forecast here is for thunder and heavy rain from 9.00am until 7.00pm this evening with a yellow warning for heavy rain.

Breakfast was just some Greek yoghurt and berries.

Lunch will be a tuna mayo sandwich and a bit of a side salad to use up some salad stuff that isn't looking too good :)

I went for a wander around Tesco and picked up a chicken and chorizo paella for dinner. As soon as I saw it I really fancied it. It's not something I would usually cook for myself in part because I don't like eating left over rice and when I have made a paella myself in the past I always ended up making too much and it went to waste. I have only had paella made with fish/shellfish before so I'm looking forward to dinner time today :D. It seems a long way off though :(

My son got me into this as he used to buy the meal deal at Tesco with this paella on it. I can confirm that it's gorgeous!! I'm envious of your tea now :)
    caronc wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,

It's actually not raining here but far from warm & sunny.

I'm not sure what on the CFO agenda today. Had toast, cottage cheese and cherries for breakfast and lunch will be a salad wrap of some description but I've no idea at the moment about later. I started my new meds earlier and they seem to have given me a headache which checking the leaflet is common at first:(. (Seems ironic that a migraine-preventative gives you a headache ;)) I'm hoping a couple of mugs of tea kick it into touch and I can maybe get some gardening done later.:)

Poor you and how ridiculous of the side effects! I suffer with migraine so sympathise. Take care xx
    Well done! Hope you enjoy it.

One of the things with CFO is we can eat WHAT we want (they who have no idea say....) - but, more importantly, we can eat WHEN we want. There's no "dinner time" for us. Early or late, it's when you fancy :)

If you fell down the stairs this afternoon, your last mortal thought might be "Wish I'd eaten that sooner now....." :)

:rotfl:you're so right!! One of the things I'm enjoying about living alone is being able to eat when I want to and not because it's time to feed the five thousand ;) I regularly have my tea late or very early and love the freedom of it.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well, that didn't go to plan.

The quiche, which I'd put out of sight on the top shelf of the fridge still managed to call my name ... so I cut a huge slice (1/3rd) and ate it, completely 'forgetting' I'd bought bread for sandwiches.

And then, from nowhere, there was a flash rain shower!

Then it was muggy, so I had a choc ice.

All at sea now... all the wrong food for the weather I thought I was going to get... again.
  • Yep...lunch was the time it suited me. That today meant I was eating it a bit late for my stomach's liking...as the morning thing I was at ran on a bit.

So lunch today turned out to be leftovers I'd brought back with me from yesterday's social event I was at. Can't say it was that great imo - so I ate a bit of it (filled a gap) and then had a banana and a clementine topped with a bit of Oatly "cream" and some chocolate chips.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And then, from nowhere, there was a flash rain shower!

All at sea now... all the wrong food for the weather I thought I was going to get... again.
    It keeps clouding over here and I start to think that we are about to get the thunder or rain and then the sun comes out again. It's very muggy here as well.

I've given up trying to make sure that I've got the right food for the weather. Some of my friends find it quite amusing that I am eating crumpets at this time of the year. They all say that to them crumpets are an autumn/winter food. I disagree :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 July 2017 at 5:24PM
    Well unsurprisingly it's been raining again........:(

Headache is still there in the background - might be the changeable weather as much as anything else!

I'm waiting for the next gap in the showers to nip and water the greenhouse and see if there are any courgettes I can pick as I fancy veggie pasta for dinner:D. Lunch ended up being a simple lettuce, cucumber and tomato wrap with a little mayo and mustard as I CBA making anything else, it was tasty enough though:)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've been painting outside.... so tea was 2 bits of toast and chocolate spread :)
  • caronc
    I was just picking a bowl of peas, courgettes and radishes when I got a text from my friend to say check my stoorstep. Her hubby has a F&V business and on the step was a huge box of beautiful F&V and a lovely plant:D. Certainly going to be a CFO challenge but an enjoyable one :D;)

Definitely having veggie pasta tonight:D
  • Good to have a nice surprise like that caron:D
  • caronc
    Good to have a nice surprise like that caron:D

It is indeed and even better there is a bag of Girvan tatties:D
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had the paella and I really enjoyed it :D. I would certainly buy that again in the future. Back to my 'normal' food tomorrow, whatever that may be.

At least when you buy a ready meal there are no left overs to worry about how you are going to use up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure