Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Comments

• LucianR
    LucianR Posts: 2 Newbie
    where are you staying while doing your 2 days in the parks?

We're at Sequoia Lodge –!so into park on Weds direct from Paris and so it's just the Weds night we're looking at staying. Many thanks!

L
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    LucianR wrote: »
    We're at Sequoia Lodge –!so into park on Weds direct from Paris and so it's just the Weds night we're looking at staying. Many thanks!

L

the onsite hotel restaurants are the same price as the park restaurants, so its up to you really. If you think you'll be taking a break away from the parks at your hotel, it would make sense to eat there (but book in advance so you're not waiting ages to be seated). The buffet restaurant at the Sequoia Lodge opens at around 6.30pm I believe.

However, if you'll be in the parks all day and evening, you might as well just fuel up anywhere in the parks. Lucky Nugget is a good halfway option - its counter service as in you order at the counter as you go in, but then you're seated by a waiter and your food is brought to you.
  • td23
    td23 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Hi all.

Looking to book euro disney for around December this year. Theres 2 adults and two kids (13 & 4 ).

We are not to fussy on dates, tho I looked a month or so ago and found that the flights were a very good price at the beginning of the month, and when I looked on disney site I could get half board 4 nights on the German site also for a very good price ( around £650 I think ).

Now i can't find the same deal on the german site which covers bookings for December. Has the deal ended or was I mistaken when I looked previously ? I could have sworn it said I had until June to book?

Has anyone seen any good deals out there for anything similar.?

Looking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne .

Thanks in advance.
  • balletshoes
    td23 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Looking to book euro disney for around December this year. Theres 2 adults and two kids (13 & 4 ).

We are not to fussy on dates, tho I looked a month or so ago and found that the flights were a very good price at the beginning of the month, and when I looked on disney site I could get half board 4 nights on the German site also for a very good price ( around £650 I think ).

Now i can't find the same deal on the german site which covers bookings for December. Has the deal ended or was I mistaken when I looked previously ? I could have sworn it said I had until June to book?

Has anyone seen any good deals out there for anything similar.?

Looking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne .

Thanks in advance.

you still have plenty of time to get good onsite deals for early December, even if the German site offer you saw is sold out already (DLP only has a certain number of rooms in each hotel available at the offer price, and once those have been sold, the offer is withdrawn - until the next one comes along ;)).

If you are going midweek check-in, and your cheap flights are still there, book your flights, then keep an eye on the various country Disney websites, and book your hotel when you see a price you like (for the Cheyenne for 4 nights in early December I'd say £600 is about the right ballpark for 4 of you, 3 of you being aged over 12).
  • td23
    td23 Posts: 92 Forumite
    you still have plenty of time to get good onsite deals for early December, even if the German site offer you saw is sold out already (DLP only has a certain number of rooms in each hotel available at the offer price, and once those have been sold, the offer is withdrawn - until the next one comes along ;)).

If you are going midweek check-in, and your cheap flights are still there, book your flights, then keep an eye on the various country Disney websites, and book your hotel when you see a price you like (for the Cheyenne for 4 nights in early December I'd say £600 is about the right ballpark for 4 of you, 3 of you being aged over 12).

Thank you for your quick reply!

So Ill be booking the flights and keeping my eyes peeled! gutted about missing out on the half board offer, but never mind. Hopefully another will come along soon.

Thanks again
  • gingerjust
    gingerjust Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 29 May 2017 at 11:55PM
    Hi all,

Looking at booking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne with 20% off + free Half board meal plan. Got a bit confused about the breakfast!

As I advance through the booking the DLP website says 'Free half board standard meal plan'... 'enjoy a counter service breakfast in the parks...'

I guess that means to get breakfast you have to go from your hotel to the park and eat at one of the (7 as far as i could see) restaurants. It looked like the choice of food was limited to pastries (not sure if I misunderstood that). Also was thinking about the opening time of the park and the opening time of the restaurants. I looked up La Cantina on the food guide and it says 10am opening. I did look at the half board meal plan guide from the useful links​ above but that seemed to say that for all plans you could 'enjoy breakfast at your hotel buffet.' Again, may have got my wires crossed.

Apologies for being a numpty. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance. ��
  • balletshoes
    edited 30 May 2017 at 6:03PM
    gingerjust wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking at booking to stay in Hotel Cheyenne with 20% off + free Half board meal plan. Got a bit confused about the breakfast!

As I advance through the booking the DLP website says 'Free half board standard meal plan'... 'enjoy a counter service breakfast in the parks...'

I guess that means to get breakfast you have to go from your hotel to the park and eat at one of the (7 as far as i could see) restaurants. It looked like the choice of food was limited to pastries (not sure if I misunderstood that). Also was thinking about the opening time of the park and the opening time of the restaurants. I looked up La Cantina on the food guide and it says 10am opening. I did look at the half board meal plan guide from the useful links​ above but that seemed to say that for all plans you could 'enjoy breakfast at your hotel buffet.' Again, may have got my wires crossed.

Apologies for being a numpty. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance. ��

if you pay for the half board plan, you get buffet breakfast at your hotel, included.

If you have a "free" half board meal plan included in your price, its the "counter service" version, which is a breakfast voucher which you can use at Hyperion cafe in the main park for a set menu breakfast (hot or cold filled bagel, pastry, OJ and hot drink) or at several other counter service cafes in the Village and the parks, where your breakfast voucher can be used for a hot drink, OJ and a pastry.

Magicbreaks has more comprehensive information about the counter service breakfasts than you'll find on the official DLP site -

http://beta.magicbreaks.co.uk/disney-extras/disney-meal-plans/breakfast-meal-plan/
  • Thanks Ballet Shoes. That's really helpful.

Was hoping to stuff the kids (and me!) at breakfast and have a light lunch. Do you know if they let you upgrade to a hotel buffet breakfast at all? Perhaps I need to look again at other options.

Thanks again.
  • Hi again Ballet Shoes,

Could I pick your brains a bit further please?

We are looking to go to DLP the first week of August 2017. 2 adults & 2 children ages 10 & 9. Current price for 3 nights through UK site with Eurostar is £1422 Inc half board plan. Did have a look at the French site but booking or own Eurostar and SNCF worked out about the same. Any tips you could offer would be appreciated

Ta very much!
  • balletshoes
    Thanks Ballet Shoes. That's really helpful.

Was hoping to stuff the kids (and me!) at breakfast and have a light lunch. Do you know if they let you upgrade to a hotel buffet breakfast at all? Perhaps I need to look again at other options.

Thanks again.

with the "free" counter service breakfast, you can't upgrade that to hotel buffet breakfast, so if thats a deal-breaker for you you might be better looking for an offer which doesn't include a "free" half board plan but gives you a higher % discount instead.
    Hi again Ballet Shoes,

Could I pick your brains a bit further please?

We are looking to go to DLP the first week of August 2017. 2 adults & 2 children ages 10 & 9. Current price for 3 nights through UK site with Eurostar is £1422 Inc half board plan. Did have a look at the French site but booking or own Eurostar and SNCF worked out about the same. Any tips you could offer would be appreciated

Ta very much!

you really want an under-12s free deal with the ages of your children, have you had a look at all the other countries versions of the DLP site? German, Dutch, Spanish as well as French get decent offers, and they are more likely to have under-12s free offers compared to the UK version of the site.

I have paid £1378 for 4 of us for 3 nights in July (none of us go free unfortunately) staying at the Sequoia Lodge, including free half board (with that dreaded counter-service breakfast voucher ;)) and direct Eurostar. None of us are big eaters for breakfast so I'm taking some cereal bars/cereal pots with us and we'll use our breakfast vouchers as elevenses (you can use them up to 11am each day).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure