stop/start

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    topdaddy wrote: »

Im not sure how a thread can have "success".

I said "success for you"

A thread cant have a "success", no, but in terms of an outcome it can be a success for an individual, for example, it could be -
    • Providing information to someone that is of use to them
    • Enlightening others to the correct view on a particular point.
    • Learning something new.
    • Or, if you're particularly sad that way, "winning" the argument.

So no i dont think this thread has been a success for you.

You mentioned you were winning earlier. Again Im not sure how a thread is competitive.

A thread is not competitive, but a debate or argument is. Clearly you have long since "lost" the argument, but are going to great lengths to avoid admitting it.
  • topdaddy_2
    topdaddy_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    F1F93 wrote: »
    It is a fair increase. But, more than anything, it is an increase. With the only change in specification being unwanted. Why would anyone pay more for a car that's worse?

Oh, but it is relevant. If the car 5 miles away had worse seats, when you said others I took that to mea others of the same model but further away. Therefore why different seats?then I would have to weigh that up as well. Is it worth driving further to get better seats? Given that that model is rarer, its likely that my model would be only slightly further away, so in this case, yes it is worth getting that one.

To show that distance does make a car better - if you had two identical cars, one 5 miles away, one 300 miles away, which would you buy?
    neither is better
    As for your last paragraph, I'm not sure what that offers to be honest, other than agreeing with me indirectly but saying that I very clearly struggled with that. I'm not sure what the point of that is, you are clearly agreeing with me, yet writing it argumentatively.

But hey, I'm not the one who's taking someone elses arguments and using them against themselves. Using my own 5 year old comment against me is the forum equivalent of saying "I know you are but what am I?"

As for the fact that I'm clearly struggling... :rotfl:
    yes struggling.struggling to be understood.
  • F1F93
    F1F93 Posts: 366 Forumite
    yes struggling.struggling to be understood.

If the top of the range (the one with the different seats) was only 5 miles away...

And I beg to differ. The closer one is better.

I am clearly struggling to be understood, but that puts you in a bad light as you're the only one who is struggling to understand my posts.
  • topdaddy_2
    F1F93 wrote: »
    The past few posts of mine have been directly following on from that.
    I doubt anyone else considers it answered.

There's also the issue of the heater, the whole point of this thread. Or has that been answered too?

Or is it simply that you cannot answer them, so you pick something else to argue about, knowing that you are wrong, but it buys you some time until you find something else to argue about, causing an endless cycle?

I consider it answered :i consider top of the range to be better than base models, 3 users on here do not. What more of that to make I dont know.
    And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.
  • motorguy

I consider it answered :i consider top of the range to be better than base models, 3 users on here do not. What more of that to make I dont know.

Its a subjective opinion - thats what you dont grasp.

Question = Is a Focus ST better than a Focus 1.6TDI Zetec?

Answer = depends who you ask and what their needs are.
  • topdaddy_2
    motorguy wrote: »
    I said "success for you"

A thread cant have a "success", no, but in terms of an outcome it can be a success for an individual, for example, it could be -
    • Providing information to someone that is of use to them
    • Enlightening others to the correct view on a particular point.
    • Learning something new.
    • Or, if you're particularly sad that way, "winning" the argument.

So no i dont think this thread has been a success for you

A thread is not competitive, but a debate or argument is. Clearly you have long since "lost" the argument, but are going to great lengths to avoid admitting it.
    I dont think this thread has been successful or not. Think the op got a few answers, its for them to decide if theyre useful. And again I dont think ive lost anything, or won, and the same for anyone else.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.

Out of curiosity, which is the top of the range model? One with higher trim or the one with the more powerful engine?
  • motorguy

What hasnt been answered?
  • topdaddy_2
    motorguy wrote: »
    Its a subjective opinion - thats what you dont grasp.

Question = Is a Focus ST better than a Focus 1.6TDI Zetec?

Answer = depends who you ask and what their needs are.

I consider that answered though, and In this instance the car i consider best is the st.
    The best car ive ever driven(better than anything else ive driven) is one that I didnt and wouldnt purchase. It wouldnt match my needs. But still was the best car Ive ever driven. And Id love to own it.
  • motorguy
    I dont think this thread has been successful or not. Think the op got a few answers, its for them to decide if theyre useful. And again I dont think ive lost anything, or won, and the same for anyone else.

Can you not read or has your carer mixed up your medication?

I didnt say "this thread" i said "for you".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure