Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2018

Comments

• Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all

Can I join please? Charity shop only purchases OR sale items. Max £20 per month, total £240.

Many thanks, Elliesmum x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • Fab thank you
  • mrs_motivated
    mrs_motivated Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Kim and all,

Please can I join this year, I am embarrassed by how much I spent last year. So this year I shall aim for a total of £400. I have loads of clothes and wear perhaps 30% , so I will also aim for a ‘something in, something out’ rule.

Good luck everyone and a happy new year to you all.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi Kim and all,

Please can I join this year, I am embarrassed by how much I spent last year. So this year I shall aim for a total of £400. I have loads of clothes and wear perhaps 30% , so I will also aim for a ‘something in, something out’ rule.

Good luck everyone and a happy new year to you all.

Added, you are number 8.

Welcome and good luck :)
  • Happy new year everyone!

May I join please? We are 2 adults and a ( fast growing!) child and I'm aiming to spend no more than 30€ a month.

I will make an exception for sale items if they are on our list ( I will write and post one later) and are at least 40% off.

First thing will be a new coat for DH as his broke, and new trousers for DD as she only has a few pairs that fit.

Good luck everyone :).
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello

I'd like to join in again for 2018 - my budget will be £250, a bit less than last year.

Thanks

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • Kim_13
    edited 2 January 2018 at 6:40PM
    I'm setting a bad example again, £8 spent and it's only January 2nd!

Elliesmum, I missed your post before, sorry about that. I've just added you as number 9.

Welcome starting_again_in_the_sun, you are number 10.

Good to see you back for another year Eltee12, you're number 11.
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    I've decided that my budget will be £10 per month and it has to be either a sale item or a charity shop buy. Any money not spent that money will go into my savings account or my penny jar :)

I do love a good charity shop rummage, you can get some lovely stuff there to be honest.

Also I will be including accessories into that budget too. Don't need footwear as I have enough haha.

Good luck everyone.

LLM2018 #6
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • Kim_13
    LLM2018 wrote: »
    I've decided that my budget will be £10 per month and it has to be either a sale item or a charity shop buy. Any money not spent that money will go into my savings account or my penny jar :)

I do love a good charity shop rummage, you can get some lovely stuff there to be honest.

Also I will be including accessories into that budget too. Don't need footwear as I have enough haha.

Good luck everyone.

LLM2018 #6

I have updated the second post with your budget/rules :)
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    going to bit the bullet and go for zero budget for clothes and a planned spend of about £60 for the Lutterloh sewing pattern supplements for this year. Have more than enough fabric and yarn stash and patterns to make anything I need. Exception would possibly be the odd notion, zip etc but I think I can manage without and if not I will try to arrange to get via a stash swap!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport