DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• Seeking_Simple
    Options
    purplepaws wrote: »
    Hello,
    Yes, they 'could' go after money in other NatWest accounts.
    Halifax tried that with me, for a personal loan.
    Better off cutting all ties.

Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. We are in the process of taking my name off all 3 current accounts at the moment. Once we are fully set up elsewhere my DH will then close these down, until then we'll keep them with a very low balance.
  • Seeking_Simple
    Options
    Hi All

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread. A few months ago I didn't even know a DMP existed, I thought only an IVA or bankruptcy were my choices. After reading through all of this thread (eventually) I feel much more confident in tackling my debt problem.

I am going to do a self managed DMP. I have started this week by cancelling all of my DD and setting up a basic bank account. I have written my letters to my creditors, I need to print them off and post this week. I have written a letter based on advice from here and CAB. I have not mentioned my DMP yet, only mentioning I am looking into my options with CAB and I will get back to them when I have decided what debt plan to follow. I have told them I have cancelled my DD and that I am unable to pay at this time. Hopefully they will default me faster and pass on my debt. I plan to still open and reply to all letters they send me and in time send them my I/E and offer of monthly payment.

Do they only send letters via Royal Mail? We moved back in with my mum last week and I have had my mail redirected. I don't want to give them my mums address as living here is only temporary. Will they send anything recorded delivery/signed for?

Do they send any court proceeding letters this way also?

I also changed my telephone number to one that doesn't exist so they can not call me. I did say everything in writing please in my letters. Now I am wondering if this is wise. Do I have to speak with them on the phone and give them a number to contact me on? I have read on here people block calls and get their numbers removed from their creditors database, so I know I don't have to always talk to them. Should I in the beginning?

Kind regards

SS
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi seeking simple. A big well done on starting your DMP. I'm not sure if you're already using it but the NEDCAB site is brilliant and generates all letters for you. You can edit to suit your situation too. It even saves all of your DMP details and creditor information for when you log back in again.

As for the letters from creditors, so far I have only ever received letters regarding my repayment plan by normal post. Nothing recorded yet.

I also removed/changed phone numbers to stop the calls and again so far all has been ok.

Good luck on your journey.
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Seeking_Simple
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi seeking simple. A big well done on starting your DMP. I'm not sure if you're already using it but the NEDCAB site is brilliant and generates all letters for you. You can edit to suit your situation too. It even saves all of your DMP details and creditor information for when you log back in again.

As for the letters from creditors, so far I have only ever received letters regarding my repayment plan by normal post. Nothing recorded yet.

I also removed/changed phone numbers to stop the calls and again so far all has been ok.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will leave everything as it is then. I have been using the NEDCAB website thanks. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't linked on here.

I guess I'll just sit and wait for the defaults. Hopefully, not for too long. I have:-

Barclaycard
    MBNA credit card
    NatWest Loan
    NatWest credit card.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 17 September 2017 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will leave everything as it is then. I have been using the NEDCAB website thanks. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't linked on here.

I guess I'll just sit and wait for the defaults. Hopefully, not for too long. I have:-

Barclaycard
    MBNA credit card
    NatWest Loan
    NatWest credit card.

I started my journey with Step change. Then I went self managed. Then I panicked and contacted SC again. Although I am still going it alone for a while and I am still only paying token payments. They must be thinking I am a crazy woman :D

BC have just defaulted us on 2 accounts after approx 6 months of not paying them the full payments. They kept threatening to default so I messaged them through the secure messaging service on our accounts asking them to default us as they are only prolonging the inevitable. They replied with defaults and also backdated them to March :T

We also have 2 MBNA CCs which have sent default notices after approx 6 missed payments and say they will be defaulting around the 23rd Sept. if they don't I will be pushing them also.

I don't have any knowledge on NatWest sorry

How long have you missed payments on the CCs?
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Seeking_Simple
    Options
    No missed payments as of yet. I have an all green credit file at this moment in time.
  • susieA_2
    Options
    thank you both.

I'm going to be writing the letters today. Its a little daunting and scary to be honest but i'm sure i'll feel better about things when I've got the ball rolling... I hope!
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

This page moves fast! Just a quick update from me and a question. Haven't posted in a while as nothing to report really.
    I have put in CCA requests with all 6 creditors since becoming Self managed back in early May.
    So far I've had the following responses
    Halifax (Idem) Wrote to say the account was unenforceable but that I should still pay. I'm ignoring that one
    Barcalycard (PRA) also unenforceable nothing from them since
    Tesco (Robinson Way) account on hold while the try and find it
    Asda (Lowell) account on hold whilst they try and find it
    Nationwide only one to supply the correct info and paying them a token amount until I am able to offer F&F

My question relates to the biggest creditor, originally HSBC , then with Cabot, now with NCO Europe. Requested the CCA info on 12th May. Heard nothing at all until today. A letter from Cabot stating that they received the request for info on 7th September (4 months after the original letter was sent) and stating that they have returned the cheque as it was made out to NCO as it would be because I assumed the account was with them.
    What would you do? In all this time no request for money has been made or any kind of correspondence from NCO. Would you just leave it as they haven't complied and wait until they contact me? Or write to Cabot with a request and a cheque in their name?
    Any help much appreciated

Thanks Julie
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »

My question relates to the biggest creditor, originally HSBC , then with Cabot, now with NCO Europe. Requested the CCA info on 12th May. Heard nothing at all until today. A letter from Cabot stating that they received the request for info on 7th September (4 months after the original letter was sent) and stating that they have returned the cheque as it was made out to NCO as it would be because I assumed the account was with them.
    What would you do? In all this time no request for money has been made or any kind of correspondence from NCO. Would you just leave it as they haven't complied and wait until they contact me? Or write to Cabot with a request and a cheque in their name?
    Any help much appreciated

Thanks Julie

As things stand, you made a section 77/79 request for information to the creditor you thought was responsible for the ownership of that debt.

As it appears they are not the creditor, it is up to them to pass the request onto the actual creditor on your behalf, at this present time the debt is currently (temporarily) unenforceable, as they have yet to comply with the request you sent.

This will remain the case until the creditor does comply, no matter how long that takes.

Just so you know, this is a full defense to any court action the creditor may start in the meantime, as long as they are in default of your CCA request.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Well done, Julie67:T. That's a nice haul of unenforceables there:beer:. I wish all mine had been as successful but even a couple from the 1990s appear to be enforceable as they sent what they said was compliant paperwork:(. Am a bit dubious so am seeking advice;)

As for my Tesco debt currently with Robinson Way.....snap!
    RW have written to me 3 times now since my original request in April telling me that they are still awaiting the information from Tesco and they thank me for my patience:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure