The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    :rotfl: Lawks, we're not even one page on and I've been cut to the quick........ :rotfl::rotfl: I'm choosing to believe that it was the autocorrect wot dunnit and you meant 'Shiney', but I know really you meant whine-y :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Classic!! I fell foul of that typo in an old job - working for a firm producing "Corporate neckwear" - or ties and scarves for businesses, to you and me. We'd been having issues with a particularly fiddly silk screen print - it was a gorgeous design of a galleon on high seas but the waves were tipped with white as you might imagine, and the colours kept bleeding in. I learned my lesson about spellchecking when a letter nearly went out to the client with an unfortunate slip of the finger - it *should* have said "once again I have to apologise for the White in your design..." However... :eek::o
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Classic!! I fell foul of that typo in an old job - working for a firm producing "Corporate neckwear" - or ties and scarves for businesses, to you and me. We'd been having issues with a particularly fiddly silk screen print - it was a gorgeous design of a galleon on high seas but the waves were tipped with white as you might imagine, and the colours kept bleeding in. I learned my lesson about spellchecking when a letter nearly went out to the client with an unfortunate slip of the finger - it *should* have said "once again I have to apologise for the White in your design..." However... :eek::o

I've just been laughing over on your thread EH and now I'm in stitches on my own. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! :rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Going to hide in the corner now..... :o

(Typing on the phone is a P. I. T. A.):D:mad:

But then again karma is a powerful force! ;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Do you think Tesco would restock with avocados if we asked nicely? Otherwise there's always the 5kg order that we could split...

Actually, I need to do some research. They're still showing on mysupermarket and Tesco's website so maybe they're back?
  • greenbee wrote: »
    Do you think Tesco would restock with avocados if we asked nicely? Otherwise there's always the 5kg order that we could split...

Actually, I need to do some research. They're still showing on mysupermarket and Tesco's website so maybe they're back?

I'm happy to do so greenbee, but you know darn well that the marketing/customer service types at mrT will just roll their eyes and go, 'Oh lawks, theres that bloomin whine-y Greying Pilgrim woman complaining, AGAIN' :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::p

Perhaps they have re-stocked though, the avocados are versatile, perhaps there was sufficient demand, but folks couldn't actually FIND them instore?

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I guess if we don't ask they won't bother. I can find a couple of bulk suppliers. If i'm ever in Tesco (and to be fair, I try to avoid it) I'll ask. If they DO stock them, I'll tidy the chest freezer and buy as many as it will fit!

I think you're right though - people probably couldn't find them. Which is kind of important!
  • always nice to have a new diary - have fun with it :)
    EF - save $1000 in 2024 $70 saved

Annual Grocery shop $496/3000 - had to increase by $500 in March as groceries were so expensive, this is now $250 per month.
    March February $300 January $196

My Grocery vouchers not included in the annual total - I have $100 costco (Used January)
    Still have $35 Walmart and $25 Save on.

Started a diary to help me stay on track … @Time to slash the shopping budget and use up the store cupboard
  • Thanks for inviting us all over although we would probably have gate crashed if you hadn't. Subscribed and can't wait to see what unfolds. It can't be more of a shock than this past year.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 October 2016 at 10:46PM
    Hush...
    GP might take that as a challenge and do some more baking!

;)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • rtandon27 wrote: »
    Hush...
    GP might take that as a challenge and do some more baking!

;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now as I sit here unable to sleep, that did make me spit out my camomile tea.

Happy Happy new diary dear hearts and baby hearts.

EH the bread and cheese was pre-empted by a small HM chip butty with lashings of butter as we just couldn't wait on the cheese's lengthy 20 min warm. :D

We have a new cooker (finally in) and plenty of potatoes and fresh bread if that doesn't cry chip butties I don't know what does.

:rotfl:
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts