smallholdingsister's strivings

Comments

• A free light bulb! All good.
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My ds2 snuck a tooth under the pillow without telling me so he could prove it was me and not the fairy :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    My DS2 insists on writing letters to the tooth fairy - and expects replies!!! He wrote to her last week, too - but hadn't lost a tooth - just wanted to ask her a question. She didn't reply (because 'she' hadn't known about the letter until she found it in the bin) - but that can be explained away by tooth fairies only visiting when teeth come out, not in between :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • v1ckyt
    v1ckyt Posts: 302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    newgirly wrote: »
    My ds2 snuck a tooth under the pillow without telling me so he could prove it was me and not the fairy :D

Smart kid. Skint....but smart.
  • These kids are so sharp!

NSD except for diesel. £3 survey money off the mortgage.

Got my sax out and blew it with the school band.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ha ha , gave him the money anyway - he earned it :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!

Got my sax out and blew it with the school band.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Nice HOD makes a massive difference. I Knew within 20 mins of starting a supply post that I liked it and wanted to stay in teaching (after 7 years of hating it and moronic HOD) just because of the great HOD there.

Hope you are feeling ok soon. I'm having an equally expensive and frustrating week...its nearly the weekend for us all xx
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My class (9-11 yrs) occasionally discuss the existence of the tooth fairy/father christmas etc. Some of them certainly still believe and seem totally oblivious to any such conversation!
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • I loved it...especially when I got to the end at the same time as everyone else!

Parents' evening. NSD.
  • Exhausted. Grumpy. Children and dog annoying.
    Feeling totally overwhelmed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport