Giordano wine

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Link broken

Did you refresh the page
  • Experienced no problem in paying and ordering. Very similar experience to Chea in that only wine on my order confirmation. Again very helpful; live chat with Carola re-assured. Order arrived in perfect condition. Dinnerware is very basic as described. Have not tried any wine or goodies as yet. Offer may have changed on their site now to fancy wine waiter serving set but I think you can still go through MS link for this one. One off order per household for new customers.
  • We have been buying wines and hampers from Giordano for years and received superb quality goods which have been excellent value. We once had a white wine we disliked, called them to report this and they immediately credited us. Absolutely no complaints, would definitely recommend.:)
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My dad has used Giordano for years. He loves the wine & always gets the freebies. They often have offers on that include plates, foods etc. They are reliable & he has never been let down. Occasionally delivery has taken 3 weeks but that's no problem for him. Good company.
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I can't find the £60 offer (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#giordano) on their website now. The link on the MSE page doesn't work, and the only similar offer I can find is now £70:

http://www.giordanowines.co.uk/hampers/customer_special_selection/p_90535/

Have they scrapped the deal early?
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    If you do order then make sure you opt out of any direct mail, emails, sales calls etc. We ordered from them once a couple of years ago then got driven up the wall by their telesales calls. Took ages & numerous requests & complaints to get our number taken off their list. Put me off for life.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • elevy
    elevy Posts: 1 Newbie
    not happy as they sent to many out and i sent them back and still got no refund
  • For some reason you can't proceed to check out so been unable to order
  • Eidion
    Eidion Posts: 3 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I recently got through most of this special offer myself and I can firstly say that I am very happy with what I got for that price (£59.95) the wine itself I am only halfway through but so far I would rate as average/decent unfortunately not great; this is perfectly acceptable considering the price.

The food extras added up to quite a lot actually and have been enjoyed so far, they actually sell these items individually for quite a high price (too high I think) but goes to show it is quality stuff. The plates were a welcome addition too as I was just about to buy some new plates before this.

So I will now say that delivery was an issue for me but this is a courier issue not Giordano, I had it sent to work as I would never be home for it I waited and waited (the allotted maximum 29 days) then rang them up, I spoke to a helpful Italian lady but she informed me that it had been delivered 2 weeks earlier and the next day e-mailed me the proof of delivery whereby it showed that it had been delivered at 3pm wed and showed a signature clearly showing someone's name (Lee D*****) this surprised me a lot as I or my work colleagues or neighbours have not heard of this name and I was at work at that time and day (so were other trusted co-workers) and we never saw a delivery.

Like I said that was a courier issue, I spoke to Giordano and sent a letter with my signature and wishes and they sent me another box with the same deal, this time it did arrive roughly 2 weeks later and I am now happy after the delay and slight worry.

Anyway I see that this offer ended 31 Dec 2015, so that is why it is still not around but they do seem to have other similar offers (if not quite so good) like the one mentioned a few posts up and also they sent a good offer/leaflet in the post to me but it is not showing properly on the website, it seems they preferred it by phone/mail order. I cannot give the link but it does not show or describe the offers fully anyway.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Eidion wrote: »
    I recently got through most of this special offer myself and I can firstly say that I am very happy with what I got for that price (£59.95) the wine itself I am only halfway through but so far I would rate as average/decent unfortunately not great; this is perfectly acceptable considering the price.

The food extras added up to quite a lot actually and have been enjoyed so far, they actually sell these items individually for quite a high price (too high I think) but goes to show it is quality stuff. The plates were a welcome addition too as I was just about to buy some new plates before this.

So I will now say that delivery was an issue for me but this is a courier issue not Giordano, I had it sent to work as I would never be home for it I waited and waited (the allotted maximum 29 days) then rang them up, I spoke to a helpful Italian lady but she informed me that it had been delivered 2 weeks earlier and the next day e-mailed me the proof of delivery whereby it showed that it had been delivered at 3pm wed and showed a signature clearly showing someone's name (Lee D*****) this surprised me a lot as I or my work colleagues or neighbours have not heard of this name and I was at work at that time and day (so were other trusted co-workers) and we never saw a delivery.

Like I said that was a courier issue, I spoke to Giordano and sent a letter with my signature and wishes and they sent me another box with the same deal, this time it did arrive roughly 2 weeks later and I am now happy after the delay and slight worry.

Anyway I see that this offer ended 31 Dec 2015, so that is why it is still not around but they do seem to have other similar offers (if not quite so good) like the one mentioned a few posts up and also they sent a good offer/leaflet in the post to me but it is not showing properly on the website, it seems they preferred it by phone/mail order. I cannot give the link but it does not show or describe the offers fully anyway.

Why do you say ended 31 Dec 2015 as though it has expired? We are only in June 2015 ;)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure