Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Warm it gently with a hairdryer - it helps release the film - also works when you want to get them off the wall without pulling half the wall with you.

Hobbycraft do a 50x50 frame - best to buy in person rather than order as they can be a bit knocked around the edges.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Thanks Pooky
    Will research where nearest Hobbycraft is.
    I can't remember where I got the frame for my fabulous papercut :grin: but it was more a standard size. By the way my friend loves her template and I am hoping that she uses it for my birthday card.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    One thing that I am very grateful for at the moment is a thingy that goes under the mattress that has a handle thing to lever me up so I can get up a big so I can get out of bed.

One thing that cheeses me off is that when my pain levels are quite high I just want to eat crap. I wonder why.
    Smartie chocolate is calling to me. Bah.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    When I had that operation on my shoulder, it was a long, long time before I could get up without struggling :( and if you've got a gadget that helps with that, thats great.

Eating crap when you feel bad - I honestly do think there's an addictive element when we do that :( I'm mostly okay around sugar, but cheese ... thats another story. And even though I make myself ill if I have too much wheat, I sometimes go for that too.

Do you ever view food as medicine and eat it that way? I do that with portions of frozen veg sometimes - peas defrost particularly quickly, and don't get waterlogged the way broccoli does. Hope you find a way through soon, Beanie

xx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Not thought of the medicinal aspect of food.

Supposed to be chanting today.
    Is it wrong of me to decide to give in & just stay at home?

• I try to think that I can drink myself better when struggling with my water intake.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Keeping hydrated, or improving hydration, is absolutely important. And we really are what we eat (and drink) so your body/our bodies, need good materials with which to build

Beanie - going out to chanting, or not, is your decision - will you enjoy it once you're there? If not, then don't.

xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    I do always drink plenty as some of my medication makes me thirsty.
    I went chanting & now feel better than I did.
    I also got a very big bag of organic vegetables & gluten free oatcakes & some awesome pate :)
    So lucky to have some awesome friends :)

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,095
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have an inspirational plaque on the wall - it says "sun, sand and a drink in my hand". Bought it when Mr SA was in hospital. Says it all really.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Just had a bit of a catch up and am sorry to read that you are struggling with the pain at the moment. I hope that it improves quickly for you.

I love the inspirational quotes, there are a few song lyrics that I would love to have on my wall particularly John Lennon quotes. You can also get Smith ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiths-Please-Music-Lyrics-Sticker/dp/B00DXOUNG6
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure