MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Re induction and birth pool. My hospital said it is negotiable. I think if you have the just the first two stages of pessary and waters broken it is ok but if you progress to the syntocin drip ( fake oxytocin) it is not as easy in the pool with the tubes etc so you may not be allowed.

I was induced with DD1 (10 x pessary (!) waters broken then sytocin drip - she really didn't want to come out) & there was no way once I was on the drip I could go anywhere let along the birth pool. I had to ask to be unhooked to go to the loo / shower. Like alsomething says, I think had things got going naturally after the pessary / waters broken it may have been allowed but after that amount of interference I knew I was going to need more than gas and air so didn't contemplate it.

Very interested to know how your acupuncture goes too alsomething as I might have to look into that - I'm not sure I fancy induction again !
  • really hope things get moving for you milly

alsomething - I know what you mean about the bed! I have an extra duvet folded over under the sheet for padding and then some maternity mats (which are plasticy so don't help with the night sweats!) and I currently have three pillows with another one within easy reach if required. And then I use a travel pillow (polystyrene ball thing) for under my bump - which I've found is more comfy than a conventional pillow. Even then I toss and turn - which is a complete strategic exercise in itself, trying not to grunt and "ooof" as I do so - to not disturb oh!!!! (Oh the joys of pregnancy!)

Thanks for the comments re induction and water... I guess it will be a point of discussion with the consultant. It's really hard because on the one hand I really don't want to be induced at all, but on the other I'm really struggling with my hip pain - the only relief being when I'm in the bath (although I need OH to help me in and out otherwise I would be in there all day I think!)

Hope everyone else is well.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard from Trixie? Hope she's well.

How are you all doing? Have you had chance to enjoy the weather? The other day started out really sunny, then started drizzling, then very heavy snow, then overcast and then glorious sunshine! Talk about four seasons in one day! It's back to overcast today, which sucks as I'd like to get out and enjoy feeling warm haha.

I think I've begun nesting, I never had this with DD(7) is it normal at this stage (33 weeks)? Even DH has been nesting as he power washed the garden on Saturday and it looks fab.

Went for my pregnancy spa day yesterday, it was lovely and finally my feet got some attention as I can no longer reach them!

We're at antenatal classes tomorrow and next wed. I'd rather not go but as its DH's first he'd like to find out more info.

Anyway, hope you're all keeping well, lots of labour dust to those close and hugs to those who need them :) x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Where do you live krustylouise that it's snowed so recently?

Been consistent blue sky for the last 2 weeks for me, can't fathom snow right now!

Spa day sounds wonderful! Glad your taking the time to put you feet up. Hope the classes go well tomorrow. The main reason I went was so my partner. It really helped him understand what to expect. Feel more confident he ain't goin to get too worried now.
  • krustylouise
    I live in cumbria. Beautiful part of the country but the weather can be so unpredictable!

The spa day was a birthday present bought by DH. I have held on to it for ages using it as something to look forward to!

Aw I'm glad your OH feels comfortable and more in control as you more confident. My DH is quite quiet and I feel like he worried too much but hardly ever shows it, so I would like him to know the ins and outs ('scuse the pun?!) before D Day x

ETA - this shows the extent of our weather!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3036143/Tale-two-countries-Snow-North-glorious-sunshine-just-250-miles-away-sweltering-75F-week-start-hottest-spring-ever.html

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

• Morning all.

From my first acupuncture session I can highly recommend it. My pelvis pain was noticeably better straight away. Turning over in bed was definitely a little easier last night. Was still too hot and moved a lot, but the movement less painful.

I also think bump has dropped a little as a result. It did not hurt. She used 2 needles near each knee and two around each ankle. I only felt one of the needles go in near my ankle where it is particularly swollen. But it was not painful. I was there for about 50 mins in total with consultation. The lady I found does have lots of experience with working with pregnant women and also teaches acupuncture so it's worth doing the research. She was recommended by my yoga teacher.

I am booked another session on Monday, 2 days before my sweep that will hopefully make that more successful. Then another one a week later and one the night before by booked induction. She will do an 'induction' session, whatever that means, but hopefully will not have to be pessary induced.
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    very interesting about the accupuncture, I'm currently looking up local people as I might have a go ! how many weeks are you now ? I assume you can't start until almost your due date ?
  • alsomething - so glad for you, it sounds really positive. I've had acupuncture before and can add that mine didn't hurt either!

So, met with consultant today to discuss induction options. She was brilliant. Completely understood where I was coming from (both in terms of not wanting VEs and not wanting induction because it's not for a "valid medical reason" etc but equally being in a lot of pain and discomfort from hip pain). We discussed the procedure and pros and cons and likely scenarios etc.

End result being that I declined a sweep today and have declined conventional induction for the time being. She has written in my notes that I can phone up at any time if I change my mind and they will do one for me!

Instead, I am booked onto next week's "holistic induction" clinic which can include things like acupuncture, acupressure, aromatherapy and massage.

I also have a prescription for pain-killers (regular paracetamol and co-deine) to help ease the pain in the meantime.

So, in terms of setting "targets" for myself. Today was due date from the dating scan. An alternative due date (from my LMP date) is 18th April which is Saturday so that's my next "target". Then the clinic next week is Thursday. So I keep thinking "just a few more days" - and it makes it slightly more manageable. Well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • krustylouise
    It's good you had a productive appointment with your consultant AP. it's nice that they aren't trying to force you to follow their guidelines and treat you as just another number. I hope baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer xx

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

• Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Glad you had such a good meeting with the consultant AP, she sounds great! Really hope baby makes an appearance soon for you x
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family