Mis-sold Barclays loans

2»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dangermac wrote: »
    you should definitely make a complaint to the financial ombudsman service. And possibly also contact the police.

From your various emails, it appears that you are saying that barclays took out increasing loans for you, which you were unaware of until you opened up the envelope outside the bank.

Sounds very implausible to me, but if it happened as you say, you should contact make an immediate complaint to barclays, then take it to the fos. And think about contacting the police. Not sure if there is a criminal case here or not but if they have taken loans against your name, without your knowledge, that is terrible.

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 May 2018 at 5:07PM
    Dangermac wrote: »
    Sounds very implausible to me, but if it happened as you say, you should contact make an immediate complaint to Barclays, then take it to the FOS. And think about contacting the police. Not sure if there is a criminal case here or not but if they have taken loans against your name, without your knowledge, that is terrible.

I am not sure what age group most of you are on here, but this is exactly how a lot of Banks did business from the 1970`s, till the mid 2000`s.

You were sold whatever product that particular bank was flogging at the time, back then few people questioned what their bank told them, there was no internet, or advice forums to go to, Banks were revered like god.

Customers were treated like mushrooms, you know the pun, mis-selling occurred on a massive scale, you were lied to, cheated, I can well believe the OP`s experience here.

The biggest financial institutions in the country, and possibly the world, spent most of the last 4 decades lying their assets off to the general public, and by an large, they got away with it.

To be honest, complaining now may be pointless, they will never in a million years admit such behavior ever happened.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • John_Jones
    John_Jones Posts: 208 Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I am not sure what age group most of you are on here, but this is exactly how a lot of Banks did business from the 1970`s, till the mid 2000`s.
    They signed people up to loans without their knowledge?

That doesn’t seem very likely, have you any evidence?
  • RedFraggle
    RedFraggle Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Financial products were very much sold like second hand cars back then. You were told all of the benefits and none of the risks.I can remember when I took my first mortgage in the very early 90s being pushed towards an endowment mortgage and only after I asked for the 3rd time "so, does this guarantee to pay off what we owe you at the end of the term" did I get the "No" from the adviser after a lot of projections on what we stood to make from it had been repeatedly pushed.
    It was a world away back then.
    Officially in a clique of idiots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family