IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ukcps I'm so worried I don't understand all these links on here

Options
I'm so distraught, I wasn't well and parked in the range disabled bay, needed the loo as I have medical problems, I am diabetic and have fibromyalgia both make you forgetful, I'm nearly 62, memory problems, I forgot to put my blue badge up, I wasn't even aware I was in a parking site you have to pay in, anyway that day I wasn't well came from an appoint that was stressful at my clinic, I even forget my shopping at the range and had to go back in to get it, I left it on the tills, when I got home I noticed a parking charge stuck on my windscreen, 11.00. - 1105. The loos are way up the lift and at back of store, I could never have got there and back and shopped within 5 mins of receiving this charge. £100. Oh my where do I find that sort of money, I suffer with mental health problems and this is tipping me over the edge, I have written to the range they say this is to stop unauthorised use of their car parks (but I was a customer that day), I have written explaining to ukcps that I don't have to give the name of the driver but explained what happened. No reply. What can I do please help? Should I borrow £100 I'm devastated, my memory is awful I was being tested for dementia at one point but I'm ok, just all my meds making me confused and my illnesses making me forget things.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what date was the ticket issued? and I note you have not named yourself UKCPS are currently banned from DVLA access to get the keepers details

what date was the incident?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Chrisey
    Chrisey Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    what date was the ticket issued? and I note you have not named yourself UKCPS are currently banned from DVLA access to get the keepers details

what date was the incident?

Hi was a week last thu no I didn't name myself
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , UKCPS are not allowed to get the keepers details until day 28 after the event and must write to you before day 56 , so they cannot get your details for another 3 weeks (legally) watch this page for updates https://www.theipc.info/aos-members/u

they are now marked as inactive , as in not suspended , but no longer a parking company

sit back , chill out , but reply on this thread if you get any more paper work from them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Chrisey
    Chrisey Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    The range were awful as well I can put their reply on here to me if you like, it's not nice... Thank you for your reply.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nope , it sounds about right for the range , now vote with your feet and do not use them again
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wait and see what UKCPS reply with and show us that.

As pappa golf says, they are currently 'inactive' and were temporarily marked as 'suspended' by the IPC this week:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/ipc-suspend-ukcps.html?showComment=1476483269493

It means they can't get DVLA data (registered keeper's name and address) so people need to ignore UKCPS PCNs if they get a windscreen PCN from that firm right now.

But you have already written and given them your name and address, so I would expect them to send you a rejection letter. Trouble is, they wont be in a position to offer you further appeal via the IAS but if they do, then I would suggest this is a case to submit to the IAS. I think UKCPS will be unable to take part in the IAS and then the appellant should win by default but we've not tested that yet.

Don't worry about this. We can help you at any stage, even if you get court papers this is defendable.

A case like yours was won in the case of Excel v Greenwood on 4th October 2013, claim number 3QT60496 where the judge decided that the Operator had a legal duty to make a 'reasonable adjustment' for a genuine disabled person. Mr Greenwood had MS and a feature of that condition (like yours) was forgetfulness, so he could not be penalised for forgetting to display his Blue Badge and the charge was deemed unrecoverable, as a result.

Any failure to make a 'reasonable adjustment' when a service provider knows about a disability, renders a contract terms unenforceable. The Equality Act 2010 says so. Don't worry and please don't pay or panic.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    inactive must be worse than suspended , blimey this is making trev look good !

gonna cost them a lot however gary Deegan has a few nire companies , just sat waiting to be resurrected https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/kplqzNHP_KfbgBeaL2BfAGoHXUw/appointments
    including network eye , and forcourt eye that was started in september this year , its obvious he knew what was happening
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 October 2016 at 11:08PM
    Options
    deegan (ukcps) branches out http://www.forecourteye.com/3247-2/
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that on the 13th October 2016, DVLA were made aware that UKCPS’ Accredited Operator Scheme membership had been suspended. Therefore they would be unable to access DVLA vehicle keeper data until membership is regained.

I believe the date held on the IPC website was incorrect. I note this has now been amended to show 13/10/2016

I hope this information helps to answer your query.

Kind regards

David Dunford
    Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
    Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
    Twitter: @dvlagovuk

[IMG]imap://xxxx%40gmx%2Eco%2Euk@imap.gmx.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E515?part=1.2&filename=image001.png[/IMG]

Vehicle tax or SORN can’t be passed on when a vehicle changes hands.
    Find out more at: www.gov.uk/vehicletaxrules

indeed the IPC page has been amended again
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    inactive must be worse than suspended , blimey this is making trev look good !

gonna cost them a lot however gary Deegan has a few nire companies , just sat waiting to be resurrected https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/kplqzNHP_KfbgBeaL2BfAGoHXUw/appointments
    including network eye , and forcourt eye that was started in september this year , its obvious he knew what was happening
    I'm sure a whole new parking company will phoenix out of this which, of course, will not be connected in any way with UKCPS, oh no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure