have you received your tax credit renewal pack yet?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• SW42
    SW42 Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I renewed online, then received two provisional letters (one for 2015/16, and one for 2016/7). Problem is, neither letter mentions my additional child I registered online. So I go online again to rectify this, but it says he's already registered. Guess I'll have to ring up then.. what a waste of time doing it online!
  • Tolly_T
    Tolly_T Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I did an online chat with them which popped up when I was searching their site. I was in the same position as I thought I had renewed but had nothing to confirm and heading towards the deadline. I was told it would be 8 - 10 weeks for them to get back to me. I'm in week 9 now and wondering if I'll get a response at 10 weeks. I don't think I will, it seems a lot of people are waiting longer than usual this year. I saved the web chat so I have evidence if they try to come back to me later saying I did something wrong which puts my mind at rest a little.
  • gardenia101
    gardenia101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    SW42 wrote: »
    I renewed online, then received two provisional letters (one for 2015/16, and one for 2016/7). Problem is, neither letter mentions my additional child I registered online. So I go online again to rectify this, but it says he's already registered. Guess I'll have to ring up then.. what a waste of time doing it online!

Do you remember how long it took the first paperwork to get to you after renewing online? My situation is complicated by them needing to generate large print paperwork for me, so that always adds weeks to the time-scale.

I can see I'm going to have spend some time on the "helpline" today... what a waste of time, but I can't afford for my payments to stop.
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • FRESTER
    FRESTER Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    I am on week 12.

Was told today it has gone to the appeal section to be looked at. I don't have anything to appeal but hopefully they process the renewal.
    Maybe that's the section it goes to when you get it escalated :/
  • SW42
    SW42 Posts: 496 Forumite
    Options
    Do you remember how long it took the first paperwork to get to you after renewing online? My situation is complicated by them needing to generate large print paperwork for me, so that always adds weeks to the time-scale.

I can see I'm going to have spend some time on the "helpline" today... what a waste of time, but I can't afford for my payments to stop.

I got both letters on the same day, and it took 13 days from renewing online. I was going to phone them today (2 days after receiving the letters) but just received another two letters, this time stating the awards. Child IS now mentioned so no need to phone after all ... so very confusing!

Hope you got through on the helpline today and got it all sorted.
  • nikkikcjake
    Options
    hi just wondering if someone could help me my 2016 -2017 was 4900 5100 less than previous year but my partner move in with me feb 2017 and they are saying there going off our joint previous income what was 17k more than 'our' previous year do you know how it will be worked out and if I would have an underpayment? tia
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Your single claim will be based on your single income. Your joint claim will be based on your joint income.
  • Terriixx
    Terriixx Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Pain in the !!!. I got my renewal pack and that's all fine.

But daughters nursery costs have reduced slightly, which they won't put into place until 27th June, even though they changed on the 1st (apparently you get 4 weeks of the higher amount if costs go down)
    And I'm due a payment on 29th, which they've said won't have changed to the lower amount yet. So yay, another overpayment I'll have to pay back.

I already owe them around £2,000 for the last year or 2, and yet in April they paid me an extra £700 because apparently I was underpaid! !!!!!!!

Luckily they are only taking at 25% but it's super annoying.

How can they say "we feel you need this much to live on, oh, but we're gonna take this amount away from you each month"

GRRRR! Hopefully it all works out, although I know you are never even with HMRC. Swings and Roundabouts unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure