Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Easyjet have stated that it was a 4 hour 33 minute delay in their reply to my claim, and given the reason as a technical fault.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I can't get on flightstats at the moment, but it maybe worth checking. Airlines are not unknown to, ahem, "misinform" customers.....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Flight Stats shows 273 minutes delay = 4hr 33mins Sorry
  • I recently had a flight delayed for >3 hours; From Edinburgh to London Luton. The ground staff and even the pilot at one point were out at the gate explaining about the problem - which was a problem with the hold door. They couldn't get parts, so a new aircraft was being sent out. I made several notes and some recordings when the EasyJet staff were explaining this, and noted that some other passengers did too.

I put my claim in, and this was the response.

"Further to your claim for EU Compensation, we now have the results of the Delay Report for Flight 806 which was delayed by 3.45 hours. The report states that your flight was delayed as a result of landing gear issues. When a flight delay occurs, it is categorised in a the report in accordance with Civil Aviation Authority guidelines and depending on the category - i.e. 'Extraordinary' or 'non-Extraordinary', compensation will or will not be payable under EC Regulation 261/2004. "

Someone appears to be telling porkies...

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    tgeorgeson wrote: »
    Someone appears to be telling porkies...

Makes no difference landing gear is a tech issue.

Read vaubans excellent guide, issue the NBA and enjoy your compensation.

Good luck

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • acresbrook
    acresbrook Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2015 at 9:08PM
    Please can anyone advise if we would have a claim?
    I have searched the general discussion and this thread and cannot find anyone asking about this flight.

Easy jet manchester to Corfu 22/5/15 departed 1720 due to land 22.45 fight no 1979. Flight could not land at Corfu. Redirected to Athens. Due to pilot could not see the run way.
    They did put us in a hotel but did not get to bed till 4am.
    On the 23/5/15 email from easy get to say flight rescheduled for 14.00 from Athens to Corfu. Yet easy jet website stated dep would be 1520. Left hanging around at hotel with no lunch or drinks until collected at 1300. Given vouchers at checkin for food and drink. But due to large checkin queue had to go directly to gate. Could not buy refreshments. Boarded plane only water provided on plane.

Arrived at Corfu around 16.00. Therefore a 17 hour 15 min delay.
    Is not being able to see runway worth claiming for?
    response from easy jet "We are writing to say how sorry we are for the overnight delay to your flight on 22-MAY-15 to CFU airport. Regrettably this was caused by low visibility conditions resulting in air traffic control delays affecting the schedule of the aircraft planned to operate your flight."

Thank you very much anyone who can help. I'm new to this.
  • acresbrook wrote: »
    Please can anyone advise if we would have a claim?
    I have searched the general discussion and this thread and cannot find anyone asking about this flight.

Easy jet manchester to Corfu 22/5/15 departed 1720 due to land 22.45 fight no 1979. Flight could not land at Corfu. Redirected to Athens. Due to pilot could not see the run way.
    They did put us in a hotel but did not get to bed till 4am.
    On the 23/5/15 email from easy get to say flight rescheduled for 14.00 from Athens to Corfu. Yet easy jet website stated dep would be 1520. Left hanging around at hotel with no lunch or drinks until collected at 1300. Given vouchers at checkin for food and drink. But due to large checkin queue had to go directly to gate. Could not buy refreshments. Boarded plane only water provided on plane.

Arrived at Corfu around 16.00. Therefore a 17 hour 15 min delay.
    Is not being able to see runway worth claiming for?
    response from easy jet "We are writing to say how sorry we are for the overnight delay to your flight on 22-MAY-15 to CFU airport. Regrettably this was caused by low visibility conditions resulting in air traffic control delays affecting the schedule of the aircraft planned to operate your flight."

Thank you very much anyone who can help. I'm new to this.

Unfortunately Bad Weather = Bad Claim, unless pilot could not see the runway because he was drunk haha.

Airline will use Extraordinary Circumstances as their defense.
  • ktandpete
    ktandpete Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hi,

I have drafted an email to Easyjet (using the handy template on here) to request the standard compensation for a flight from Turkey to Luton that was delayed by 18 hrs on the 6th June.

There are a number of additional things for which I would like to claim compensation, but I am not sure how to quantify them.

1) My 72 year old father fell and injured himself whilst on holiday. He sustained a dislocated shoulder and needed to wear a sling and take painkillers to the flight. The delay caused more pain as we were hanging out at the airport 7 hrs before being taken to hotel where we got approx. 4 hrs sleep at most.

2) I have a disease or the Central Nervous System that causes widespread pain and muscle fatigue amongst other things. Before going on holiday, I had been progressing well with my physical therapy and had stopped using a wheelchair for all but very long journeys. On the flight out I managed with no wheelchair and, even though I was quite worn out the other end, I was pleased that I had managed it and the walking helped keep me flexible for the reminder of the holiday. Once delayed, I was back in a wheelchair after waiting at the airport for 7 hrs as I was unable to walk. I needed to use one the following day when we returned to the airport for the delayed flight. In addition to this, being in a bed for only 4 hours, where I was unable to sleep due to the affect that the delay had had on me, left me in a great deal of pain and muscle fatigue to the point where I could only walk a few steps. This was a huge step backwards for me and on my return I have spent all week in bed and unable to leave the house. This is purely down to the delay of the flight as evidenced by the fact that I was able to travel to Turkey without assistance. I will now have to take on further physical therapy hard, painful work in order to get my health back to the same level as it was before the holiday.

3) Various food/drink related issues

4) Luggage problems

All in all, a pretty rough time!

I would be very grateful if anybody could assist me with trying to quantify these items so that I can request specific compensation for them all.

Thanks in advance :)
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Your first step should be to read Vaubans excellent guide.

The amount of compensation due is a specific amount, suffering from an illness I'm afraid there's nothing extra for this..

Have a read of the guide, it tells you all you need to know and more.....

Good Luck,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • I have submitted a compensation request to Easyjet for a flight from Tel Aviv - Luton. The flight was delayed by approximately 30 hours and they have refused to give any compensation or refunds at all because they have said it was due to extraordinary circumstances (the crew was ill).

Should I take this further? I would have thought that a delay of this would be eligible for a small claims court. I feel that compensation should be awarded or at the very least a refund of the flights.

I would appreciate some thoughts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure