How far back can you CLAIM PPI

Hi - just read Martins new email about claiming back PPI.

I have never done anything about claiming before as I know I had been sold it on Lloyds Bank business loans and overdrafts and was told it was a requirement for the advance - BUT this was back in the 1990's so I never claimed as I thought it had to be within the last 6 years?

Can I claim?

Comments

• coal9011 wrote: »
    Hi - just read Martins new email about claiming back PPI.

I have never done anything about claiming before as I know I had been sold it on Lloyds Bank business loans and overdrafts and was told it was a requirement for the advance - BUT this was back in the 1990's so I never claimed as I thought it had to be within the last 6 years?

Can I claim?

Pay for a DSAR it will cost you £10 but worth it to find out. Not sure if Lloyds do this for free now as some banks don't charge anything for it.
    The DSAR will show if PPI was active on your loans and overdrafts but it wont tell you how much the claim is worth.

Here is a link for more information: https://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/privacy/

Hope it helps.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pay for a DSAR it will cost you £10 but worth it to find out. Not sure if Lloyds do this for free now as some banks don't charge anything for it.
    The DSAR will show if PPI was active on your loans and overdrafts but it wont tell you how much the claim is worth.

Here is a link for more information: https://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/privacy/

Hope it helps.

A SAR is free now thanks to GDPR

Business banking often did require PPI or similar for the loan to go ahead - if it was a requirement of the loan to have PPI then it was not miss-sold, this is one of the things people misunderstand - if you were told it was mandatory and it wasn't, it is miss-sold. If it was mandatory then it is not miss-sold as your choice was to accept it, try another lender or not take the loan
  • coal9011
    coal9011 Posts: 208 Forumite
    I was just told that I needed PPI to get the loans I don't know if that was true or not or just commission generating miss-selling. I was also sold unemployment insurance (while self-employed) along side these loans/overdrafts.

So my question still is .......am I able to reclaim after all this time as the deadline for claims is coming to an end?
  • coal9011 wrote: »
    I was just told that I needed PPI to get the loans I don't know if that was true or not or just commission generating miss-selling. I was also sold unemployment insurance (while self-employed) along side these loans/overdrafts.

So my question still is .......am I able to reclaim after all this time as the deadline for claims is coming to an end?

Yes you can still claim. Your first step if you don't have any paperwork is to get a DSAR from Lloyd's using the link above.

If you can't be bothered to do that I personally would use a trusted CMC (Claims management company) to do it for me. I know people on here don't advocate the use of one but it is still an alternative to doing anything yourself.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You can put in a complaint (not a claim) but just be aware that the chances of them having records is very low, particularly post GDPR.
  • coal9011
    coal9011 Posts: 208 Forumite
    I think that I still have some of these records in the loft somewhere.
    Will it help if I can find them or shall I just proceed anyway?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Provide as much detail as you can (eg account numbers etc).
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes you can still claim. Your first step if you don't have any paperwork is to get a DSAR from Lloyd's using the link above.

If you can't be bothered to do that I personally would use a trusted CMC (Claims management company) to do it for me. I know people on here don't advocate the use of one but it is still an alternative to doing anything yourself.

1) Wrong - you can start the complaint without this, you only need the SAR if the front line staff can't find your records and you want to double check nothing is left

2) There are no trusted firms. If you use a firm you need to get all the information to complain and if you can get that information you can complain yourself. The complaint process is free and easy to use. Use Resolver (the MSE tool) if you want a hand holding process and keep 100% of the refund rather than giving 40% to some leech who simply posts off a letter
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

"a trusted CMC":rotfl:

Anyone using a CMC still has to provide all the information!

The CMC simply posts your complaint for you. That's a very expensive postage stamp.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I personally would use a trusted CMC (Claims management company) to do it for me.
    On other threads you have claimed that you work for a CMC and now here you are extolling the virtues of them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure