PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I hate this effing job.

Just got home, only reason I didn't tell them to shove it and go home at 11 was that a nice person stopped me and told me to lock myself in the ladies.

It's Himself's fault I'm still stuck there. Because he 'can't' get a job to take the pressure off me.

Which means I get people playing Top Trumps with me - lightly fractured feet in your twenties beat chronic disease, bendy bones and acute injuries sustained on top. As do deceased distant relatives.

I hate this job.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JoJo hugs xx you get your CV in order and apply for the job you saw the other day, and tell / ask your OH to get his in order as well, then send him off down to the local agencies to see if they have any work going.

Up and ready for the day
    Lists made
    Volunteering job this morning, going to try and avoid the Grand Prix traffic so going early.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, need to fly big style this morning as away for the weekend, working this afternoon and not done a great deal all week. To be fair yesterday was my birthday, I was treated royally by a friend with flowers and lunch, then a student brought me in an individual strawberry tart with a candle on it so all in all a good day, as OH and DDs were both away I wasn't expecting anything. Planning to celebrate at the weekend.

Cleaned kitchen surfaces yesterday and tidied up part of the freezer, washing is up to date but not ironing (tour de France starts today so that will help). Some admin dealt with straight away rather than leaving until last minute (huge progress for me)

Slinky progress still happening very slowly but it is happening, reached my target yesterday, only an interim target but still going down. It has taken a month to lose 1 kg (2 lbs) but now I am there I can move onto the next target. I set my targets using kgs, st & lbs and BMI although monitor weight loss in kgs. My next target is to be under 10 st so need to lose 1.5 kgs, which should be quite doable. I am now convinced a huge part of weight management is in the mind as I go up and down until I eventually reach my target but generally once I reach it I don't go back up over it. So this is why I have now set a series of targets along the way. I actually don't have a final target. I am wanting to be fitter, reduce blood pressure, and ease aching joints etc. I know I will never have the body of a top model, never did and not bothered.

Sorry to have rambled on, but WM is on again, so off to shower and find clothes for the weekend.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday for yesterday, Mademoiselle:bdaycake: . Enjoy your weekend.

I seem to be doing less and less as the weeks go on. It's such a waste of the good weather, especially when only a few months ago it was impossible to open the windows without letting in an icy blast.

This morning I have done a wash load and pegged it up, and cleared the ironing pile. That will probably be about it for today, unless I can get motivated this evening to turn some of the allotment veg into meals. I've been winging it this week in a cba kind of way, and that makes me feel even more disorganised than usual.

I was out at a volunteering meeting last night. When I got home, DH miraculously had managed to make his pack up for today, but not anybody else's...apparently he didn't know what we might want. A bit like I don't know what he wants all the other days, but he gets what there is, and seems to eat it all....:mad: 2 more packed lunches have been duly made.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Have a good day everyone.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some flying done yesterday but not a lot as went into town to get some stuff done that I needed to do.

Today is youngest DS's birthday and I have a mamogram appt this afternoon so I wont be doing much today either.

Have managed to get on top of all of downstairs apart from one hotspot and have got the bathroom and 2/3rds of the main bedroom done so for my first week I am really happy with that.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Options
    :bdaycake:
    Happy extended Birthday, Mademoiselle, and congratulations on you slinkiness :T

So far I have
    - booked a table for a meal in September!!! :j
    - got rid of my ironing pile (one skirt :rotfl:)
    - taken Rosie for a fast walk before it got too hot - it was beautiful at 7.45, even in the direct sun
    - eaten breakfast with DH in the shady garden :)
    - given the little apple tree another can full of water: I have sunk a flowerpot into the earth so that the water goes direct to its roots
    S&S'd kitchen
    - checked bank account :eek:
    - found a stamp for a birthday card: have almost run out of the supply that I bought before the last-but-one price rise :money:

Today I must
    - ring the double glazing company about a misted unit and a sticky door
    - do 2.5 hours' work
    - S&S bathroom
    - collect my order from a little shop in a market town about 45 minutes' drive away
    - have lunch there with DD
    - on the way home visit a NT property which is only open 4 weekends a year, on Friday and Saturday
    - do some more work
    - take Rosie for another walk

Hope everyone has a good day, especially Jojo xx
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LO roasted veg and cheesy mash tonight with unknown undecided meat. Must do a little weekend shop including bacon and nice rolls as at a party on Saturday night and will need something to soak drink on Sunday morning? eek :rotfl:
    Flying Friday ~
    [STRIKE]Open windows, let the air and blow those cobwebs away..[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mop/brush floor[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean sink and draining board
    Clean microwave inside and out[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty fridge, clean shelves and doors and move any nearly out of date stuff to front to use up next.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty and clean rubbish bin[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean under sink - throw away any manky looking bottles/rags etc..[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean pet dishes[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..(only a few at a time!)[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    • [STRIKE]Check the smoke alarm - when was the last time you replaced the battery?[/STRIKE]

i must also try on outift for tomorrow night and have it all ready to hoy on, bag included as will be in a bit of a rush |! :money::o
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    *sweat*
    *melt*
    Nearly there...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, feeling a bit stunned here. Someone has been bad mouthing me over something I havent actually done. I have been bending over backwards to help this person and somehow I have ended up having it all thrown back at me because they listened to some untrue gossip. Trying not to take it to heart but its really knocked me sideways.

So, weekend, time to put feet up. Quite a bit of washing to do and various bits of housework. No idea what else is planned.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Flying and gardening will recommence here today as our guests are going home later. Time to restore order and get the rooms as they should be.

DD and her DH are coming round for footie and curry later.

Just having a cuppa in the garden, next will be a dog walk before it gets too warm.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family