Mountain bike mudguard recommendations?

I've just picked up a Trek 4900 mountain bike (front suspension only) and looking to get some mudguards for it to try and reduce some of the muck being thrown up by the tyres. I've had a look around and some of the SKS products seem to review fairly well and seem easy to remove and clip on if needed.

Any recommendations for mudguards I should look into? There is a mudguard on the main bar on the bike but it doesn't to do much.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    I got a set from Tesco, around £7 online. They were a bit fiddly to fit the front but working ok.
    HTH :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I went ahead and bought mudguards which I fitted earlier and seem to be fine, went for the front one I was planning and a crudcatcher rear one. Both seem fine apart from terrible instructions which actually made it more confusing, they were actually pretty straightforward when I ignored the instructions.

Will see how they go on the next round of mud.

John
  • I took my "mountain bike" mudguards off as I have 26" road tyres fitted to my MTB and put SKS fitted ones on instead - a little tricky, but far more effective.
  • Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,816
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would prefer more complete mudguards but the bike is purely for off road cycling so it had off road tyres and needs a bit of clearance to avoid the guards catching.

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport