Aviva Medios Healthcare - are we being treated fairly?

Comments

• WindyWo
    WindyWo Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi Supersonical

Please see below and advise paulmayo. Thanks!

I have only just found this forum and am so relieved to find that I am not alone is my problems with my Medios policy. I signed up to it in 1997 with all the promises already mentioned. I have queried the price increases with Aviva and have been fobbed of with ' administrative costs' etc.
    I am very keen to support this . What should I do to register my angst??
    Thank you to everyone involved in this fight.

§
    Judging by the recent posts, there appears to be 5 of us now who are still looking to take action -
    Windywo
    Colinmb
    supersonicol
    02jim
    paulmayo (myself)

I have spoken already with 02jim on the phone and we are both ready to start something but agreed to wait to see if others were willing to join with us. If the others listed here are willing to call me, I'm happy to act as a central contact point initially. If any of you are concerned about your phone number being visible when calling me, dial 141 before my full number and your number will not be shown to me. You can check that this is true by looking online or contacting BT. I hope to hear from you all.
  • 02Jim
    02Jim Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Paul Mayo's mobile no. is on #333 if anybody is having difficulty finding?
  • JoelyG
    JoelyG Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am astounded that a company such as Aviva, a regulated company, should be permitted to apply a price increases universally across policyholders without consideration for example as to the claim history for example of its policyholders. Its no claims policy is dis-enginuous.

I have just received a 19.2% increase to my annual premium on a private healthcare policy to which I have never claimed in 4 complete years of cover. As risk managers, how could this insurer believe I would renew?

Any suggestions how I might appeal or challenge this within Aviva, would be welcome. This price rise has been explained by "medical inflation" and "product rate review".

Many Thanks
  • mwng
    mwng Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am up for this. Please email me on markwngraham@gmail.com.
  • I was a policyholder for 10yrs plus, but found the increases too much & have switched to another insurance company earlier this year (2017).
    I would be interested in joining the group with regard to getting a legal opinion.
    One question-would I be excluded since I'm no longer have insurance with Aviva?
  • 02Jim
    02Jim Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm still game - how are we to take this forward? I'd like to know where the others have gone. Did they do a private deal?
  • I thought this had died out so please count me in for any future action.
    Thanks
  • I went to the ombudsman, in 2013/2014, pointing out near enough all these problems & irregularities in detail. Disgracefully, they only accepted that the 2012 premium increase was wrong because Aviva failed to give me an adequate explanation for the increase, and that my case was similar "Mr D", so awarded me £659.71. This was confirmed on appeal. I rejected the money as I did not want to sign that I would be bound by the decision. I am on the ombudsman decision website as "Mr & Mrs V"
    I have sort of moved on now, trying not to remain bitter! Aviva seem to be able to do what they like.
  • Hi there

I haven't been onto this forum before and was astounded to discover 18 pages of comments about the disgraceful way Aviva are acting in relation to the Medios insurance policy, which I have had for 18 years. My insurance broker says that I could be paying more than £500 less a year for myself and my wife by taking out another insurance policy but that's not the half of it: that calculation assumes I'm a 63-year-old but I took out my Medios policy in 2000, so I should be paying much lower premiums than that.

I'm only staying in it to ensure that I get proper recompense in the end.

I would definitely be up for paying to get a legal opinion on this. You can contact me at rcorke@uwclub.net.
    Regards
    Roger Corke
  • Just2019
    Just2019 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am new here (just found the thread) and so happy to know I am not alone in my feelings about Aviva and the Medios policy.

I have just challenged Aviva on not being able to change the hospital list. They say in 2013 policy holders were informed there would no longer be an option to change hospital lists. I recall the renewal papers saying you would not be able to move between the three contracts (between Medios; Exec: Options) or change your excess but I do not recall anything about hospital lists. Aviva also argue the hospital list is part of the policy and I do not think it is. The hospital list was a separate brochure which accompanied the PMI policy but was not part of it. The reason it is important is that people 'who chose the City/Extended list because they lived or worked in London are trapped into paying considerably more than is necessary if they move to the country in retirement and only need the Provincial/Key list.

I wo0uld love to join any Class Act and know a great number of lawyer but need to understand the basis of the claim.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks everyone.
    :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family