Cut Your Car Insurance In 4 Steps Discussion Area

1626364656668»

Comments

• John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2012 at 10:21AM
    kinannisa wrote: »
    for you who have family already and feel that your insurance cost is high if compared to the coverage, maybe you need to check these tips (thecheapcarinsurances.com/to-obtain-low-cost-auto-insurance-for-your-family/) to reduce your cost. :)
    if any feedback, please don't hesitate.

This is a lovely example of why newbies are not allowed to post links.

As there have been fraudsters on here, I would be suspicious of a web site with very little track record that is hosted from USA. The use of "auto" in the link is a bit of a give away, so is the information about the "tires" on the auto.
    There is a classic example of such a site on here, which obviously tries to legally bully the administrators of this forum.
    http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php
    http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.TheCheapCarInsurances.com
    http://www.dailychanges.com/thecheapcarinsurances.com/2012-05-31/
    http://www.privacyprotect.org/#contact_domain_owner
    I could go on and on.

As this obviously is a wonderful new opportunity (do they do irony in USA) can I suggest this new poster contacts our administration, who might keep the possibility on file for the next report on car insurance, not to mention the new European tyre laws?
  • pickup01
    pickup01 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Received my renewal notice from Hastings Direct - premium £545. Had a quick look on comparison sites and spotted quote from Hastings Direct at £262.
    Phoned Hastings Direct and told them that I would not renew unless they could get my renewal quote down.
    Result - premium reduced to £235 - same cover, same extras, same excess.

Don't need to tell anyone what the lesson is here.....
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Logged onto Aviva there to check our renewal figure (due for renewal on 1st May). Figure they've quoted is £993! That'll be shining bright. That's based on insuring a 10 year-old Peugeot 206 SW worth £1,800 and a 9 year-old Citroen Xsara Picasso worth £1,900. They can jog on!

Just jumped onto Compare The Market there for a couple of quotes. Quoted £193 to insure the Citroen with my wife as the main driver and I as a named driver, and £186 to insure the Peugeot with myself as the main driver and my wife as a named driver with Swift Cover. So I'll definitely not be renewing with Aviva!

A quick question, though. At the start of the year I became embroiled in an utter farcical situation in which my elderly neighbour accused me of reversing out of my drive into his car. He alerted me to this seven weeks after the alleged incident and had no proof, plus his story had wildly conflicting versions of events. I kept my insurance company notified of this in case the old boy tried to take it further, and he eventually reported it to my insurance company (although not his own), and was laughed out of town. Would I need to declare this to a new insurance provider, despite the fact it never got past the point where he made an allegation?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • Gaz83 wrote: »
    Logged onto Aviva there to check our renewal figure (due for renewal on 1st May). Figure they've quoted is £993! That'll be shining bright. That's based on insuring a 10 year-old Peugeot 206 SW worth £1,800 and a 9 year-old Citroen Xsara Picasso worth £1,900. They can jog on!

Just jumped onto Compare The Market there for a couple of quotes. Quoted £193 to insure the Citroen with my wife as the main driver and I as a named driver, and £186 to insure the Peugeot with myself as the main driver and my wife as a named driver with Swift Cover. So I'll definitely not be renewing with Aviva!

A quick question, though. At the start of the year I became embroiled in an utter farcical situation in which my elderly neighbour accused me of reversing out of my drive into his car. He alerted me to this seven weeks after the alleged incident and had no proof, plus his story had wildly conflicting versions of events. I kept my insurance company notified of this in case the old boy tried to take it further, and he eventually reported it to my insurance company (although not his own), and was laughed out of town. Would I need to declare this to a new insurance provider, despite the fact it never got past the point where he made an allegation?

Hi Gaz83

Thanks for your post,

I'm sorry to hear our price isn't competitive for you this year. If you'd like me to check through your renewal details to ensure everything is correct and give you advice on the accident, please email the following details to social@aviva.co.uk:

Full name
    Date of birth
    Postcode
    Policy number
    Money Saving Expert username

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards

Stephanie
    Aviva Social Media Team
  • Hi everyone, I've just got a quote on here and the best quote was from a company called 'my policy' and I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experience with then and are they any good/logit?
    Thanks in ahead, dan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport