Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• JamesLeeds
    Options
    Do they still pay you in a load of stamps?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    JamesLeeds wrote: »
    Do they still pay you in a load of stamps?

For the main survey, yes.
    others are love to shop vouchers.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you win a £10 love to shop voucher do they email you to let you know? Only I spotted my name a few days ago but could be someone with the same name!!
    Entering a few comps here and there 2020 seems my best year for wins so far:- iphone xs, limited edition whiskey, Masha and the Bear toys, newborn baby stuff, 3 x books, 12 months membership to diet app, bottle of syrup, Baby Shark singing puppet, children’s book, Nasty vegan shake x 2 packs.
  • beanielou
    Options
    perfect10 wrote: »
    If you win a £10 love to shop voucher do they email you to let you know? Only I spotted my name a few days ago but could be someone with the same name!!

They do email you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I've just experimented with that... using a Windows 10 laptop and Chrome - the pop-up bubble seems to take a couple of clicks. Clicking the green marker zooms in to give two red markers. I do have wall boxes marked.

On the other hand - some of the red markers are a bit out; one of them is actually placed in someone's back garden!

I've pursued it a bit further too.

I'm also using Chrome on both devices

On my Samsung tablet, it is possible to get the pop-up bubble to appear but it takes numerous attempts at getting a successful single or double click (still haven't determined which one it is or if it's both) correctly "located" on the red marker to achieve this.

I think this is because even on maximum ZOOM the tolerance of the "hit spot" is so tiny on such a small display

Similarly the "Green 2 Dot" where there are 2 boxes literally located side by side, in most cases a regular public box and a business box for franked mail, doesn't split in to 2 red markers far enough apart to identify between each of them with any stability, collapsing back to the green dot immediately IF you can get them to appear in the first place.
    Which of course means you can't even attempt to then click on a single red marker.
    Again I think this is due to the smaller display and the fixed size of the markers etc.

On my laptop I've found it is quite possible to split a "Green 2 Dot" but you do have to have maximum zoom but also within the largest window possible.

Regards wall boxes, it wasn't that I didn't have any marked, indeed most of those I know of, exist on this map.
    However a couple of those that are the external post boxes to the largest Post OFFICES are not identified with a Red Marker
    There is a "BIG" horizontal envelope identifying the Post Office itself, and there is a "small" envelope on its side (with a little "hat" over the top) to indicate the Post BOX, but there's no red marker - so no clickable pop-up bubble.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 April 2018 at 9:30AM
    Options
    quoia wrote: »

There is a "BIG" horizontal envelope identifying the Post Office itself, and there is a "small" envelope on its side (with a little "hat" over the top) to indicate the Post BOX, but there's no red marker - so no clickable pop-up bubble.
    I reckon the envelope icons come from the background map and the red markers are overlaid by the website. Hence I find that in a few places - the envelope is correct but the red marker is some distance away. It might be that the box has moved so the envelope marker is out of date and the red marker (which must be calculated from a master list of where RM says the boxes are) is the new location. For example - put in SE3 9DL and look where box icon SE3 58 is compared to the post office icon... The PO used to be where the box icon is - it moved round the corner (from a subpostoffice to the back of a convenience store) in 2014. The box was then moved down to the corner in 2015 but the red marker is still at the old position. Now put in SE12 8NA and look for the box icon on Micheldever Road. Can you find the matching red marker?
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • lbw22
    lbw22 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Just back on live panel since new system. Think I've got my head round it. Got my stamps but not presentation back...remind me..do these come when you are first live or w he you sent to proper addresses with proper smarts. At minute I'm on cardboard ones although I have two items to post but only one smart so far. In all the years I've been doing this I've never gone from practise to live without a waiting gap.
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lbw22 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just back on live panel since new system. Think I've got my head round it. Got my stamps but not presentation back...remind me..do these come when you are first live or w he you sent to proper addresses with proper smarts. At minute I'm on cardboard ones although I have two items to post but only one smart so far. In all the years I've been doing this I've never gone from practise to live without a waiting gap.
    I received mine when I went live, not with the training packs.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2 weeks training and resting again. Pah.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Vouchers for unaddressed today.
    A welcome 8 quid :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure