Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Choccygirl [great name], I like a bit of Nigella :D

77 pieces though! I'd definitely need to have an occasion to make this for :think::think: My niece's OH has a birthday next month so that might be a time to try and do some tasting in the interests of quality control :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Thanks Choccygirl [great name], I like a bit of Nigella :D

77 pieces though! I'd definitely need to have an occasion to make this for :think::think: My niece's OH has a birthday next month so that might be a time to try and do some tasting in the interests of quality control :rotfl:

Happy to help with the quality control:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    LOL its a deal Beanie - always good to get a second opinion ;)
  • teapot2
    Options
    So, I knew today wouldn't be a NSD, £12 for my haircut and then £4.30 for a coffee and a scone. Pleased with my haircut, I feel more like myself again as my hair was in a state.

Came home and had a shower as I hate the tiny bits of hair getting in all my nooks and crannies :eek: Finished the soup for lunch so in the afternoon I made some more yellow split pea and veg soup as its soup weather and made some qu@rn mince and veg. Some went into a shepherds pie and the rest I'll use up with some spaghetti. So thats a few meals sorted. I'm trying not to use as much plastic this year so I covered the pie with a beeswax food wrap instead of cling film. I got the food wraps at Christmas but didn't realise they only last about a year :(

I got a potato ricer last year with a survey voucher and its great for doing toppings as you use a lot less potato and it comes out all crinkly so crisps up in the oven - yum.

Weather forecast on my phone says 'snow' and looking out its wet but not lying as snow so hopefully I'll be able to go out tomorrow as I've had an online sale I'd like to post. The old furry boy wanted to go out so I opened the back door and he stuck his nose out and quickly reversed, it certainly cold enough for snow :eek:
  • beanielou
    Options
    My old boy shoots out the cat flap and back quickly these days and not for long.
    Only a few months til he is 19. ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hi your beewax wraps can be reused you just need to grate bees wax onto the wrap put into the oven and when it melts spread the wax with a knife. Take it out and hang to dry. I'm sure if you go on pintrest it will have more detailed instructions than I've given you.
    CRx
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    My old boy shoots out the cat flap and back quickly these days and not for long.
    Only a few months til he is 19. ��

Thats a grand age Beanie, my old furry boy will be 18 in a few months. He is getting even more eccentric in his old age but I love him dearly :kisses3:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Hi your beewax wraps can be reused you just need to grate bees wax onto the wrap put into the oven and when it melts spread the wax with a knife. Take it out and hang to dry. I'm sure if you go on pintrest it will have more detailed instructions than I've given you.
    CRx

Thanks CR, thats good to know, as I've only just started using them they should be ok for a while. I saw on Facecloth that someone was doing a workshop locally on making the beeswax wraps so its obviously a 'thing' now.

I have to confess I don't really know anything about Pintrest other than the name or how it works - will have to look into it :o:o
  • beanielou
    Options
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Thats a grand age Beanie, my old furry boy will be 18 in a few months. He is getting even more eccentric in his old age but I love him dearly :kisses3:

I love my best boy to bits :)
    He is actually becoming more affectionate :)

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    https://www.treehugger.com/living/
    hi how to make bee wax wraps
    CRx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business