IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM Parking fine - Heath Parade NW9 - CCJ stage

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray, well done, another PCM Gladstones claim bites the dust with a decent defence!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dhudds
    Dhudds Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently preparing a defence report for a similar parking ticket. Can you please kindly send me:
    1- A copy of Barnet Council confirming that they are now controlling that site.
    2- A copy of land registry

Many thanks
    Dan
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Dhudds wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm currently preparing a defence report for a similar parking ticket. Can you please kindly send me:
    1- A copy of Barnet Council confirming that they are now controlling that site.
    2- A copy of land registry

Many thanks
    Dan

To whom are you addressing the above?

Are you having help from any forum with your defence?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Dhudds
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks, I'm referring to itsmepip if he can provide me with the documents. If not anyone who can help. I was caught in similar circumstances last year and need to prepare my defence. I've been following the forum since October last year.
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks, I'm referring to itsmepip if he can provide me with the documents. If not anyone who can help. I was caught in similar circumstances last year and need to prepare my defence. I've been following the forum since October last year.
    Thanks

Itsmepip hasn't visited the forum for over 6 weeks, so may not see this. Send him a PM, then he should receive an email notifying him that you are trying to contact.

Zaklondon was offering help in supplying a copy of the Land Registry map. Have you contacted him?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74104608#post74104608

Have you read all the Parking Prankster blogs on Heath Parade - there's lots of information there that could help you develop your defence. Google 'Parking Prankster Heath Parade' for links to many blogs on this.

You don't seem to have your own thread here on your case. Are you getting help anywhere?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Dhudds
    Options
    Thanks for advice. I've sent a private message to Zaklondon but never received any email from him.
    I wasn't aware that I should have my own thread on my case so I just followed the parking Prankster blogs on Heath Parade. They are quite informative.
    The last letter I had from Gladstone asked for £160 to be paid within 14 days otherwise they took me to court so I started panicking and spent sometime in preparing my defence report however I didn't hear from them for past 5 moths until recently I received a letter before claim. I read the government website and they advised people to respond to this letter. I've now extracting some sentences from my defence report so i can reply to them in couple of days time as I am approaching the deadline of 30 days.
    I don't get help from anywhere. I'm on my own with my own research and relying on good people on this website. Do you suggest I create a new thread?Also are you suggesting that I reply to their letter before claim or should I ignore them?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Do you suggest I create a new thread?
    Yes please, with a bit of background and a timeline of events.
    The last letter I had from Gladstone asked for £160 to be paid within 14 days otherwise they took me to court so I started panicking and spent sometime in preparing my defence report however I didn't hear from them for past 5 moths until recently I received a letter before claim.
    Does the latest LBC's reference number commence with a 1xxx, 3xxx, or 4xxx?

Your own thread is the place to get the best help, not flitting in and out of other threads. The forum will see you through this.

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Why not start your own thread here ?

Read up in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum #2 there covers defences

Put your draft defence in your own thread for comments before sending it
  • Dhudds
    Options
    OK. I will.
    It starts with 1xxx
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    OK. I will.
    It starts with 1xxx
    So it looks to be a "genuine" letter from them.

Any further posts need to be in your own thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure