Wedding Costs

Options
Cotta
Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
Hi All,

I thought I would post this to the Northern Ireland forum too, I would also be interested in suggestions of venues for both Fermanagh and Donegal.

I am planning to propose to my girlfriend in a few weeks (she knows it’s coming) and I would like to get married around Sep/Oct of this year but I am looking to gauge what we should be expecting to spend on a wedding. Highly subjective question of course, however I thought some on here could give some good advice of what ball park figure we should be looking at. Some points are as follows:
  • Should be maximum of 100 guests.
  • Service will be held in a church

Obviously I know it’s very subjective but I would be keen to hear others first-hand experience.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• butterflymum
    Options
    Married too many moons ago to offer any practical advice re costs, but just wanted to say congratulations :T.
    butterfly )i(
  • ChrisNI
    ChrisNI Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you have said, this is a highly subjective subject and you could literally spend anything from £100 to hundreds of thousands of pounds depending on what you want, where you want it and how extravagant it is. I got married 2 years ago and we were keen to keep prices reasonable and save money wherever possible. Here are some of the costs that I can remember (based on 100 day guests and about 150 evening guests:

Reception venue - £4,000 (venue plus 3 course meal plus evening buffet plus honeymoon suite)

Cars - £450

Photographer - £500 (we negotiated this based on no printed album, just a copy of the digital photos. I think a full album package was around £1000)

Suit hire - £250

DJ - £400 (a band will cost more, maybe closer to £1000)

Go along to some local wedding fairs, you'll get a good idea of cost from them
  • Streamside
    Options
    If you're looking at all in costs including wedding dress, suits ,rings etc I'd imagine you'll do well to manage it all for less than about 10k and that's cutting corners. Ask a really good photographer for an hourly rate.
    There are too many excellent venues in both counties to even attempt to mention, I'm hearing of excellent hotels in Fermanagh quoting not much more than 40pds per head.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure