The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Makes you feel brilliant doesn't it.

I am going to tackle my room this weekend and get organised.

I have a load of stuff put away for Christmas so need to sort that out so that I know what I need to buy.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello yes I live decluttering. Good luck Dolly. I'm waiting for my broadband to be connected and for phone to be connected. The phone has but I csnt get it to work. IT man is coming later after work to look at it. Lol
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 16 October 2019 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Hello I have changed broadband and it took a couple of days but now all is well!!!! I spent £40 yesterday at the supermarket and bought some lovely fresh food. Taxi fare was £10.

I also put two sacks of carboot leftovers to the local charity shop. I am enjoying this decluttering. Now I have the internet I am planning to put my table on fleabay even if there is a listing cost. lol.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah good stuff.

I love flebay but I end up wanting to sell the whole contents of the house when I get started :p

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    edited 20 October 2019 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Although it was very autumnal and wet earlier this week it is now dry and bright. At work I spent £5 on food and charity. Yay to a good weekend. Here are my not so exciting plans:

I[STRIKE]'ve done one load of washing and am line drying.
    The crossdresser is gone. There is a big space now in the kitchen but it is glorious to have the space back.
    I've vacuumed and dusted and am now going to mop.
    I should be able to collect the new (smaller) dining table next Saturday. [/STRIKE]
    My large table has two watchers on fleabay but it is expensive so we shall see if it sells.
    [STRIKE]I am hoping to plant some daffodil bulbs, some winter pansy plants (vvv late - they were whoopsied) and de-weed the front garden.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]I have some lessons to write and[/STRIKE] I am going to rest.[STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]I also listed my little coffee table too on fleabay [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

It is getting darker now. I am so happy only one week till hols. Then I can have a week of lie ins!!! I still have £50 cash left to spend and £50 in my account after all bills are paid.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I received a £95 cheque for switching to Vodaphone sim last month. Hurrah. Only 4 working days till holiday and parents visit me.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Yay to savings from sale of cross trainer and new sim. :j
    Hope your table sells.
    Countdown is on for holidays and lovely parents coming :T
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw brilliant!!

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 October 2019 at 7:35PM
    Options
    The nice seller is delivering my new table on Wednesday at 4.30.

OMG some people just came to look at the larger table and want to buy it. They are coming to take it away on Wednesday night and paying me £300.

I have written most of my work for this week. Hurrah.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well the old oak table was sold for £300 and the new smaller oak table (only £95 but currently being sold in Laura Ashley for over £600) has arrived. It has been put together and I need to polish it and the floor tomorrow after work.

Someone has also bid on my large oak coffee table. £45 so far and we have a few days left! I am so happy things have sold so quickly.

Upstairs looks huge. Work was v busy but I am happy roll on Friday when I go to a friends leaving do and then we have one whole week off. Hurrah. I have £50 cash till payday. :D:j:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure