IPA and moving in with partner

Comments

• Singlemumm
    Singlemumm Posts: 155
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    all figures I have putted in my SOA above is from all of us.
    I have less allowance atm,but I tried to figure out how all will increase once we move together.
    so for me seems to be acceptable:)
    will see what OR tells,but I have counted expenses honestly.
  • Singlemumm
    Forumite
    I think I need advise if Im thinking correct.
    I though I just will put partners wage same as mine and then will add expenses to my current allowed allowances ( for example if I have been allowed £30 for 2mobile phones, I have added £20 as he spends on it a bit more )
    and also though I should new expenses like diesel that I had none as never had a car.

That’s how does it works pls?
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,347
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I would just stick to an SOA for you and your child, I think you are over complicating things. Just use the figures for your half of the bills and your income, if you do the SOA you have shown then his expenses over and above yours such as car payments will be questioned.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • well at the moment my household expenses are only for me and my daughter, I though I should put new expenses as it will be family expenses, isn’t ?
  • I do understand car payments is only partners expenses as he has a car finance, that’s ok.
    but everything like clothing groceries will go up for sure.
    I don’t really want to involve partner in my past debts etc, so wanna clarify it before actual moving and informing OR.
    why petrol can’t be counted as household expenses if now will be more trips comparing when he is alone at the moment?
    sorry for many questions but I don’t get whole point: OR will count his income same as mine( as I will not disclose actual income),but expenses will be the same. that’s not clear to me
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,347
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    but if you are declaring a false income you are just making it messy and in theory are committing fraud, just say you are keeping your expenses separate.

I wasn't suggesting you don't update your SOA but if you are splitting things 50:50 just put your income and share, if things increase then so be it, if he is going to be paying out more money and petrol and you feel you should contribute then put the additional amount on your SOA
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Singlemumm
    Forumite
    no no,I’m not going to put false income. I will not tell his income at all so in this case OR will count as we put for expenses 50:50.
    I cannot understand why I cannot put ALL household expenses,if it this what you are saying?
    We have agreed to share money for everything so cannot see why my expenses should be separate for SOA if these are household expenses?
    omg I will go mad probably,don’t understand anything now at all
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

My view is that you can put down the expenses for the 3 of you, and inform the OR that your new partner will not contribute to your debt situation.
    If you don't provide your partners income then they will apportion a 50 /50 contribution from him.

This will decide your IPA payment.

You have already been given some good suggestions on household expenses.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • thank u.
    Im sure I will have something to pay on IPA anyway, just was not sure what is better, I can put down only bills + groceries ( these will be split 50/50 ) and all other my and daughters expenses, or put partners expenses also ( then OR could argue why I have to contribute petrol/car insurance or so
  • me again.
    so far I have stop my single claim of tax credits, have informed OR about changes.
    My OR, who is usually very helpful is on holidays so his colleague start to review my changes.
    I clearly explained that nothing really changed as I have shared house anyway so always have paid half rent and bills.
    She kept my rent and council tax same, but she decreased my food allowances from £55/week to £30 to me and my daughter!!
    I can’t explain logically this to myself.
    I have asked her why I should have less money for food when another adult joined household and his expenses for food is almost same as our two!
    no explanation from her.
    she said she got surplus £120, I can’t explain this also, I lost £218 of tax credit once start live with partner.My previous IPA payment was £174.
    so I’m on less money, expenses practically the same, how she got surplus?
    I have asked, and then she said will be enough £30 per week for food ,me and my 16y old daughter.
    then she said “oh I reduced also your daughters contact lenses cost because you said you paying now 8.50/month rather than £21 like in the past”
    I have said yes ,but OR has been informed about it in March and my IPA payment has been increased.
    no answer.

she just has asked me to fill new questionary , for my income and my expenses, evidence for rent ,bills, that’s fine.
    just wanna ask opinion, is normal to reduce food allowance?
    After my ex marriage I’m on very strict opinion with partners money, I do know what and where I’m spending, so it partner like to eat every day lobsters or so, I will not contribute it.
    I’m right /i’m wrong?
    I worked out everything very closely, I have found some differences between what I have provided earlier to her , as had no bills with me at work.
    Can someone please look to this?
    my income is £1369 + £82.80 child benefit.
    Expenses:
    rent £399
    CT £58.89
    Tv licence £12
    Gas £20
    Electricity £20
    water £11.63
    prescriptions £10
    Opticians and dentist £61
    public transport £140
    Groceries £280
    School and work meals £120 ( have been allowed 2y ago, why they should remove it, can they?)
    House repairs and maintenance £10
    Clothing and footwear £50
    Hairdressing £50
    Toiletries £25
    Vitamins £10
    Petrol and taxi £20
    School uniforms £31.67 ( have been allowed 2y ago)
    after school trips £20
    Home phone/internet/tv £20
    Mobile phone £40
    Hobbies £20
    Gifts £10
    pocket money £40
    newspapers £5

any comments welcome.
    I am not saying couldn’t save on something , but my most important question is, how IPA can be £120 when my income just decreased by £218
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure