Beat My Quote! Travel Agents Thread

Options

Comments

• russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We were one of the casualties of the TC demise and we will get our refund eventually but we are left with flights down to Gatwick late on 29/10 and back to Glasgow 6pm on 10/11. 5 adults, 2 rooms looking for a bit of sunshine anytime between those dates. Budget is up to 2k. We are willing to look at anything you can come up with. I appreciate it is a bit of a long shot but if you don't ask you don't get. TIA
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • ECCY
    ECCY Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there, hoping Mattr5's guarantee can beat this!

The Quote itself: £3894
    Who the quote is from: First Choice
    Is there a booking fee: No
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: First Choice/TUI/HD Beach Resort & Spa
    The departure Airport/Post: Manchester
    The Holiday Dates: 22-29 Oct 2019
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults, 3 children (4y/o, 8y/o,10 y/o )
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival): HD Beach Resort - Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): All inc
    Any specific requirements: Double family room
    Is an in-flight meal included: No

Thanks!!
  • MATTR5
    MATTR5 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Eccy

Sorry as its a TUI late Deal i cant do it any cheaper - I can help with anything from 1st November with them at the moment

I've sent you a PM

Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • ECCY
    ECCY Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The Quote itself: £3420
    Who the quote is from: Jet2
    Is there a booking fee: No
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Hotel Costa Calero Thalasso & Spa
    The Holiday Dates: 21-28 Oct 2019
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults, 3 children (4y/o, 8y/o,10 y/o )
    The Hotel (or * if it’s allocate on arrival):Hotel Costa Calero Talaso & Spa , Lanzarote, Spain
    The Board (self catering/half board etc): All inc
    Any specific requirements: Family Interconnecting Double room
    Is an in-flight meal included: No
  • MATTR5
    Options
    Hi Eccy

I will beat Jet2holidays price like for like by £100 - the whole holiday will be with them so same flights, transfers, room etc

I've sent you a PM

Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
    My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 October 2019 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Hi, new to this thread, so here goes! Birmingham to Menorca, Zafiro Menorca all inclusive 26th May 2020, one adult one child 8 yo. Jet2 lowest price yesterday was £1924 (previously paid £1680 with Thomas Cook ☹️)
  • MATTR5
    Options
    Hi Dalo

I will beat Jet2holidays price like for like by £80 - the whole holiday will be with them so same flights, transfers, room etc - I think its crept up to £1944 but whatever the live price is i'll beat by £80

I've sent you a PM

Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
  • outrageous_monkey
    Options
    Ok... so here goes. Been away from MSE for a long time and wasn't sure if this thread still happened, but apparently it does.

he Quote itself: £1.5K
    Who the quote is from: Online separates, flights, hotel etc
    Is there a booking fee: No idea
    The Tour Operator/Airline/Hotel: Virgin and any downtown NYC hotel
    The Holiday Dates: Feb or March 2020
    The number of people travelling (inc kids ages): 2 adults
    Is an in-flight meal included: I think so.

So, I know that's all vague and that I need a quote, but I'm only looking... and to be honest I don't know what I'm looking for. I scared to book it all separately, so that's why I prefer a TA to help me.

I'm looking to lay some ghosts to rest, I want to go back to NYC, last time I was there (about 5 years ago) I was in the middle of a nervous breakdown and was contemplating ending my life. Im 100% better and need to go back. Its just me and my husband. We only want 3 or 4 nights, don't need a fancy hotel. But I'd prefer downtown NYC or/in and around tribeca, that general area more than times square, but if theyre cheaper, that's cool. I cant do January at all as I work in accountancy and its a busy time for us, Feb is my 50th so that would be great, or March. Can anyone help?
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

:p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
  • MATTR5
    Options
    Hi Outrageous Monkey

You should really give a precise holiday to beat undr the rules for this thread but I can help wuith what you have supplied anyway

As an example we can do an ABTA/ATOL bonded complete package to eg Wyndham Garden Chinatown / SoHo which is in the area you want, 4*, gets great reviews etc - 3 nts flying directly from Manchester in Feb inc Suitcases is £1560 total - or the Sheraton Tribeca is also 4*, good reviews, right area etc and just £1580
    nb These prices dont include Transfers as there are many options (flight is into Newark so closer than JFK)

I've sent you a PM

Mattr5
    I am a Travel Agent
  • sonicgal
    sonicgal Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sri Lanka for August 2020 for two people (we're flexible about when to travel - this quote is for 14 days flying out 10th August back 24th August Glasgow to Columbo with Emirates Business Class

Total quote: £7786

6 days touring 4 - 5* hotels HB
    6 days beach 5* hotel (but only 4 rating on TripAdvisor) B&B
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family