PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• KingMob
    KingMob Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BladeY wrote: »
    Does anyone hate their solicitor? Hate might be a tad over the top but I thought I would go local and I'm not sure if I made the right choice.

We paid the £300 and took all the forms back 5 weeks ago. Apparently only had draft contacts and started the Searches on the 29th

I've only phoned them 3 times but it feels like they have a right attitude saying these things take time. I understand They take time but it takes 5 mins to speak to me in a tidy way and give me updates on the case over the phone.

Phoned Friday and they said some of the searches are back maybe She will need to login to the portal. She will write to me when she's ready.

Can I join that club. Instructed mine on 4th June, FTB/no chain, online tracking is a joke. Mortgage offer 2 weeks ago, enquiries to vendors solicitor sent 20th June but no idea about responses. "report pack" mentions voluntary purchase of ground rent (NI based) when I said I was interested in that, response was "Why?" and that they don't usually do that. No idea of when exchange or completion might occur.
  • BladeY_2
    BladeY_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    KingMob wrote: »
    Can I join that club. Instructed mine on 4th June, FTB/no chain, online tracking is a joke. Mortgage offer 2 weeks ago, enquiries to vendors solicitor sent 20th June but no idea about responses. "report pack" mentions voluntary purchase of ground rent (NI based) when I said I was interested in that, response was "Why?" and that they don't usually do that. No idea of when exchange or completion might occur.

Also had the mortgage offer just over 2 weeks ago. Also FTB no chain as such we're renting but have to give a months notice. seller is moving in with parents until new house is built.

Every week just seems another wasted at the moment.
  • Magnus91
    Magnus91 Posts: 66 Forumite
    KingMob wrote: »

I'll also join that club. And my solicitor seems to constantly be away, and when she is in she doesn't reply to emails.
  • KingMob
    KingMob Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BladeY wrote: »
    Also had the mortgage offer just over 2 weeks ago. Also FTB no chain as such we're renting but have to give a months notice. seller is moving in with parents until new house is built.

Every week just seems another wasted at the moment.

Same here, agreement up at end of July but can't hand notice in for end of August as no idea of potential dates. Believe vendor is due to move soon, mortgage advisor surprised me by telling me they'd sort everything out then once got my offer told me to make a date up and that they hadn't done anything. Hoping to make some progress next week.

Really frustrating that my solicitors online tracking system seems to just be a place for them to dump their notes which are no use to me, a progress bar which randomly jumped from 20% to 60% and then 80% and to top it off the systems seems to only update at midnight, so is a days lag on updates. Been chasing things on Fridays and the usual response is we've missed the post, which means it's Tuesday before I receive whatever and Thur-Fri before they acknowledge return.
  • LittleLu33
    LittleLu33 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just heard that searches are back (except local which is being chased - I have a feeling it may hold things up. It's been a couple of weeks already.)

Some enquiries are being raised based on received searches. Fingers crossed for those to come back swiftly from vendors side, and I'm praying local searches come back soon too.

I would love to be in a position where we are able to discuss exchange and completion dates before vendors go on 2 week holiday so that we all know where we stand when they return. Maybe wishful thinking. I'll keep hoping things come good in the end. Wish us luck!

Best of luck to all those exchanging this month - wishing you all well too!
  • cheeky-peach
    cheeky-peach Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    My frustration lies with the mortgage lender... everytime I call for an update we are told a different story and a different date to expect a decision by. Wahhh!
  • Jtotz67
    Jtotz67 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Its such a frustrating time and wait but its amazing how these things come together suddenly. If you had asked me the day before we exchanged whether we were ready to exchange I would have said no! Then it all suddenly came together! Moving in next week!

Hang on in there!

We found out today that our vendor lost her onward purchase and went ahead with our purchase anyway and is moving out so we can get in. I feel so sorry for her so we sent her a big bunch of sunflowers today which hopefully she will get tomorrow and make her smile!
  • LittleLu33
    LittleLu33 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Jtotz67 wrote: »
    Its such a frustrating time and wait but its amazing how these things come together suddenly. If you had asked me the day before we exchanged whether we were ready to exchange I would have said no! Then it all suddenly came together! Moving in next week!

Hang on in there!

We found out today that our vendor lost her onward purchase and went ahead with our purchase anyway and is moving out so we can get in. I feel so sorry for her so we sent her a big bunch of sunflowers today which hopefully she will get tomorrow and make her smile!

That's so thoughtfull! Congratulations on your move, i'm so glad it didn't disrupt the entire chain. :beer: I'm an FTB and my seller has an onward purchase too, I really hope it all holds up! :)
  • SallyDucati
    SallyDucati Posts: 560 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I'm getting frustrated with waiting to exchange!!

Nothing to do with solicitors or mortgage companies, but a situation where a new build house has no 10 year warranty (underwriter went bankrupt at the beginning of May). Brokers haven't sorted alternative cover out yet, developers are now looking at other providers but overall it's just taking soooooo long!

A cash buyer is buying my flat and I'm moving to a new build - so a very short chain. Would have thought it should be simple but no!

Sorry if this sounds a bit ranty just getting so fed up, without this I would have moved last week if not the week before.
  • cheeky-peach
    cheeky-peach Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Dramatic turn of events... mortgage offer has come through finally!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback