IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Leicester PureGym St George’s Tower

13»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2018 at 11:47AM
    If you were to choose "I entered incorrect number plate" you are automatically telling them that you are the driver

How so?

If someone, neither the driver nor the keeper, but a passenger, enters a wrong VRN, who has breached the contract? The whole VRN scam is a scam, and almost certainly a trifle anyway.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • So i have received the rejections letter for both claims. So I am going to submit a POPLA Appeal for both however I am slightly confused on what basis i should be forming my appeal on.

I am assuming that as i have a 'golden ticket' for both i will be appealing on the grounds stated in this paragraph
    ..then you *will* win your appeal using the template POPLA point about 'no keeper liability' from a PE non-POFA type PCN, followed by the template point about the appellant not being shown to be the individual liable (then unclear signs, landowner authority, and if applicable, no grace periods allowed, etc.,).

But even after searching terms 'parkingeye gym' , i cannot find the actual template i am supposed to be using? any help would be appreciated.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You'll find it in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 - a template appeal point for 'No Keeper Liability'. It won't mention PE or Gym, but it's a standard cover-all for most situations.

You can adapt it to suit your circumstances, but it is vitally important that in any adaptation, the identity of the driver is not inadvertently revealed. .

POPLA pick up on any such slips, then your Golden Ticket loses all of its sparkle!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    You'll find it in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 - a template appeal point for 'No Keeper Liability'. It won't mention PE or Gym, but it's a standard cover-all for most situations.

You can adapt it to suit your circumstances, but it is vitally important that in any adaptation, the identity of the driver is not inadvertently revealed. .

POPLA pick up on any such slips, then your Golden Ticket loses all of its sparkle!
    Is this the correct template?

A compliant Notice to Keeper was never served - no Keeper Liability can apply.
    This operator has not fulfilled the 'second condition' for keeper liability as defined in Schedule 4 and as a result, they have no lawful authority to pursue any parking charge from myself, as a registered keeper appellant. There is no discretion on this matter. If Schedule 4 mandatory documents are not served at all, or in time (or if the document omits any prescribed wording) then keeper liability simply does not apply.

The wording in the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA) 2012 is as follows:

''Right to claim unpaid parking charges from keeper of vehicle:
    4(1) The creditor has the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle. (2) The right under this paragraph applies only if

(a) the conditions specified in paragraphs 5, 6*, 11 and 12 (so far as applicable) are met;

*Conditions that must be met for purposes of paragraph 4:
    6(1) 'The second condition is that the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor) - (a)has given a notice to driver in accordance with paragraph 7, followed by a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 8. This is re-iterated further 'If a notice to driver has been given, any subsequent notice to keeper MUST be given in accordance with paragraph 8.'

The NTK must have been delivered to the registered keeper's address within the 'relevant period' which is highlighted as a total of 56 days beginning with the day after that on which any notice to driver was given. As this operator has evidently failed to serve a NTK, not only have they chosen to flout the strict requirements set out in PoFA 2012, but they have consequently failed to meet the second condition for keeper liability. Clearly I cannot be held liable to pay this charge as the mandatory series of parking charge documents were not properly given.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Is this the correct template?

A compliant Notice to Keeper was never served - no Keeper Liability can apply.
    Do you really need to answer that question?

You were told what to look for and where.

Did you find what you were looking for?
    If yes - end of story.
    If no - please say so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills