Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 29 June 2018 at 10:28AM
    Good morning lovely ladies.

And another glorious day.

This morning I have been for my trial acupuncture. He targeted my worst knee and it feels much better, ie arthritis and damaged meniscus. He can also treat my fibro, in fact my neck and shoulders feel a little easier already.

I will require a course of treatment spanning 8 weeks. Fingers crossed it alleviates my pain and that I can avoid knee surgery for some time to come. He seems to think it can be avoided indefinitely. And he was very positive that he could sort out my fibro.

He has strongly advised me to stop using my IPad as much to help my neck and shoulders so I shall be absent for a while. I shall read of course but my comments will be few and far between. I will of course keep you up to speed with the baby and the housemove but not join in the general chit chat quite as much. Please keep going though, keep up the fabbing.

Tbh I had already decided that once I've moved I will be looking at either a desk top computer or a decent laptop with a proper keyboard. I had already suspected the iPad use wasn't helping my neck and shoulders.

He was very impressive, spent nearly an hour in consultation with me and even showed me an easier way to get out of bed to ease the strain on my shoulders. Appparently I was doing it all wrong and putting enormous strain on my body. Who knew. LOL.

I'm also going to stop texting too. If people want to communicate with me then they will have to do it the old fashioned way and phone me. :rotfl:

Anyway, time for brunch and then some more packing. Have a lovely day.

Bye for now.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,046
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Beautiful day here again too - we could start getting used to this :p

Sugarbaby - pleased to hear you had a lovely meal out for your Son's birthday and I am sure you will also have a great time at the family meal on Sunday. I do hope things work out for you and Wayne - there is obviously a genuine attraction between the two of you - enjoy your day with him tomorrow.

LL - your visit to the Acupunctuarist sounds as though it was very productive. We shall miss hearing from you quite so much but you must do what is best for your health.

Moll - what a worry that must have been for you all - hopefully your daughter can relax now and enjoy the rest of her pregnancy.

sashybo - have a lovely time at the outlaws - hope the journey isn't too tiresome.

Chanie - enjoy your week off and good luck in your new job - sounds like you are all set up wardrobe-wise.

I am only at work three days next week and then off on holibobs - we are staying in the UK so hoping the fine weather will hang around a bit longer :D

Have a lovely weekend all :j:j:j
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Ladies,

LL it sounds as if you may have found the solution for your arthritis and fibro.

I had another really lovely day with Wayne again today. We both found time to discuss serious issues in our lives and he confides in me a lot more. He is really considerate of my health issues. :)

The sun is so hot, that I find myself suffering so much from heat exhaustion, which is a real nuisance, but has to be borne.
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Phew it's a scorcher......

Spending a lot of time indoors, or sitting in the shade in the garden.

Ladies...lots of fluids and don't over do it.

And if you have pets or small children watch out for them. Several dogs have died, not just from being struck in cars but because their owners walk them when it's hot. Their owners might be stripped off to the bare essentials but the dogs are wearing fur coats.

No baby yet.....DIL is coping ok with the heat, being a thin blooded Latina has its advantages.:rotfl:

My knee does seem easier and even my neck and shoulders don't seem as bad.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    LL everytime I see you've posted I wonder if you're a glamorous granny yet!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    edited 1 July 2018 at 1:17PM
    Baby is due tomorrow. It's my birthday on Friday. DIL reckons he'll come for my birthday. What a fab present that would be, Best Ever!!!

Right ladies I have a challenge for you. Name that house!!!!!

Trying to think of a name for my new house. It's a detached chalet bungalow, built in 1935 with the original small pained bay window at the front. It reminds me of a Hobbit House, especially the original solid oak double front door which is currently painted emerald green.

My Previous house names have been Ross House (already named) and my first House Was called Christmas Cottage - Christmas tree in the garden and I moved in at Christmas....so it named itself really.

If it was a cottage I would call it September Cottage or Autumn cottage.

I'm thinking something "End" would be nice and Hobbity.

Any ideas, I'm opened to all suggestions.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As you will be welcoming a Grandchild and buying a new house around the same time, why not call it some variant of their name?
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Hmmmmm. Good thinking. He will be Alexander Robert (Robert after my husband). Not sure what we can do with that.
  • lessonlearned
    Forumite
    Have you ever seen the film called "somethings Gotta Give". With Diane Keaton and jack Nicholson. The beach house is the star of the film and I'm aiming to give it that kind of vibe.

The house is currently rather dark and gloomy but I'm going to make it light, open and feel more spacious. Going to knock out a couple of walls and use lots of blue and white.

I'll post pictures just as soon as it's "mine".

In fact I'm thinking of doing a renovation blog for this one so you can all follow my progress (if you want to that is). Hope I don't sound pretentious - I thought it would be fun. :D
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    LL how about Matamata? Its the place in New Zealand that was The Shire in the LOTR films... https://www.newzealand.com/uk/feature/the-hobbit-trilogy-filming-locations/
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills