• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Amara wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I've done an update.
    Backwards and forwads for me. Big forwards is I've got a new job:j
    as cashier in the bank, I've wanted job in finances. It's only one day per week, but still. I'm runingmy business for the rest of the week. My first day at work had a disastrous start though. My car packed in just before I went into parking!!!:mad: I blocked the road, some lovely postman helped me moved my car on the side :) To shorten up story: calling for an assistance and work on my car costed me £300. Not good, but it's done now. I'll just my target, ideally I want to clear it off before end of my challenge.
    Keep going, you're so great!
    Beanielou, when did you become Five Ribbons Moneysaver? :D
    Today :D

Good news on the new job :)
    Soory about the car though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't think mine has been updated. I paid my whole loan off!

Keep going everyone!
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Robi90, I updated £411 fo you, did you pay off all your £799 target? Did you set p another one for CC? Please let me know.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I've done an update.
    Backwards and forwads for me. Big forwards is I've got a new job:j
    as cashier in the bank, I've wanted job in finances. It's only one day per week, but still. I'm runingmy business for the rest of the week. My first day at work had a disastrous start though. My car packed in just before I went into parking!!!:mad: I blocked the road, some lovely postman helped me moved my car on the side :) To shorten up story: calling for an assistance and work on my car costed me £300. Not good, but it's done now. I'll just my target, ideally I want to clear it off before end of my challenge.
    Keep going, you're so great!
    Beanielou, when did you become Five Ribbons Moneysaver? :D

Awww that's great. Sometimes, now I'm money-savvy and all, I think I want to work in finances... What made you want to work in finances and how are you finding it
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Sweetcake :)
    I've studied Economics long time and I enjoyed it. I had other jobs and have been running my own business for eight years, but it's always been in the back of my head I wanted to come back to the finances. I applied for a job I got it :)

We see how it will go :) It's scary but exciting.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck Amara in your new job. Sorry about the brum.

No payments for me, cash poor this month x
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Robi90, I updated £411 fo you, did you pay off all your £799 target? Did you set p another one for CC? Please let me know.

Yes I paid off all £799.

I've slightly backslid with my spending ( :( )so I'm going to look at my finances next weekend and will update with a new total to pay off then.
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya I am here, where is everyone?

Today paid off a total of £326 £260 off current cc and £66 off old ones.

Guess who is having a quiet weekend.?

How's the job Amara going?

£1653/£2550 only another £897 to go, not sure clear it all. may have to do a bal tf for a small amount.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • LLM2018
    LLM2018 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    #7 checking in with a few payments so total paid in this challenge is £610 so far. Still have £1400 of my debt left, wont clear it but will have a good go. :)
    When life throws you a curveball, learn to catch it and throw it back! Feb Grocery Challenge/£100
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not been on here much but since I last posted I've paid a whopping £213 off the Next bill!!!128077;!!!128077;!!!128077;

Payday meant the large payment going through and I've been PADding like mad! This bill that was touching £2100 at Christmas time currently stands at £670! I did buy something from next for £34 but did a PADding of £38 to more than cover it! Interest gets added on the 6th July so I need it sufficiently into the 600's so that it doesn't go back up into the 700's! I'm sure I'll do it!!
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport