Comments

• sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 28 June 2010 at 2:26PM
    izools wrote: »
    They had to call my branch to ask :o

It's odd, they've got a pre-app limit of £1,600 for Overdraft but £0 for loan or credit card... hmm... They also said I could have a Platinum account if I wanted. No ta, not with those fees!

I'd want Gold. I've spoken to the lady who opened mine, and she said it takes 1 calendar month to update the risk bands on accounts. 17th of the month or something.

How did you get it removed then? Showed them your Equifax file?
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    seeya23 wrote: »
    Afternoon !!!!!! ive got the football on

I'm too pi*sed off to care about this afternoons match, i'll watch Brazil tonight though. :)

How are you after your first few days at Sainsbury's?
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    sutton111 wrote: »
    How did you get it removed then? Showed them your Equifax file?

Yup. They faxed it through to the a/c holding branch and they did something with some credit department and hey presto!

Won't take advantage of it though, don't want a bigger OD.
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    izools wrote: »
    Yup. They faxed it through to the a/c holding branch and they did something with some credit department and hey presto!

Won't take advantage of it though, don't want a bigger OD.

Good one!!

So how long have you been with them and what advice would you offer to me to help me in the future with them. :D
  • Davewils
    Davewils Posts: 134 Forumite
    Just wondering what my chances are of getting a credit card. I'd prefer a prime crad with a 0% balance transfer (i earn 18k so not enough for the Sygma Creation one). But my credit score took a bit of a battering in the past, is recovering nicely now but i'm not sure if i'd get a Prime, or even a decent sub-prime, card.

Heres my credit file stats:

Amount of total credit used : 70%
    Credit Limits: HSBC O/D £1500, HSBC Gold Card £2000, Natwest O/D £600, Egg Card £720.

Earnings: £18k

All accounts have never had a late payment in several years.

No Defaults or CCJ's or anything of the like.

2 credit checks in the last 6 months (but 3 including a Post Office Identity check which for some reason has registered on my Experian files as a hard search!)

On electoral roll as of this month

At current address for last 6 months, accurate record of all previous addresses (4 previous in total, having graduated from university last year).

Thats all the important stuff I think, Just to mention (and i know it's just a number and doesnt neccassarily help much) but my Excredit score was 822 BEFORE i was on electoral role and one of the searches past the 6 month mark, so it should be alot better now.

So, what are my chances of getting a new card?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    sutton111 wrote: »
    what advice would you offer to me to help me in the future with them. :D

Close the account and stick with HSBC - that is free advice and factually the best right now! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well I am just waiting for Lloyds bank to process my documents then I will be moving over to them, this whole internal scoring system seems cool.

The best thing about them is I can phone my local branch on a local geographical number and speak to a human.:)
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    Close the account and stick with HSBC - that is free advice and factually the best right now! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I'm sticking with HSBC, but for future reference it's good to know!!

lol

I know you've had your "issues" with Lloyds, but you've been very loyal with HSBC even after the problems you've had with them too.

Any futher problems with aron recently? lol :rotfl:
  • sutton111
    Forumite
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Well I am just waiting for Lloyds bank to process my documents then I will be moving over to them, this whole internal scoring system seems cool.

The best thing about them is I can phone my local branch on a local geographical number and speak to a human.:)

Where did you get that number from saynoto0870?

So did you not find Natwest that good?
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    PROLIANT wrote: »

HSBC offer the same mate! Internal based behaviour score and local rate numbers with people in the UK! I'd rather eat the devils noob than go near Lloyds, they are a law unto their own and should (with any luck) be totally asset stripped and sold into pieces for the likes of proper banks such as Virgin/Tesco to buy up and turn around.

They are dire - all of a sudden you'll apply for something, they'll decline you and add a CPD marker OR worse, close your account then write and let you know after you're overdrawn etc.

PLUS they do credit search you, they use footprints - whoever says they don't talks nonsense, all banks do! HSBC use call credit if you've already been preapproved (behaviour score) and Lloyds use Experian for the same. :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family