Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Options

Comments

• Devonian_Rodders
    Options
    I read with horror the contributors on here who have lost points due to fraud.
    Even more disturbing is the fact Morrisons wash their hands of it, even though their system is at fault. So much for keeping data safe !!
    Surely the answer should be "Fivers" are only released to the mobile phone number which is held by the customer registered on their system. Changes to mobiles should await confirmation from the card holder.
    I have been a Morrisons shopper for as long as Morrisons have been in my area, and obviously collect the "More" points. Last week was the first time I had to make use of Home Delivery due to illness, so obviously the card had to be registered to the "more" account ?
    Seems despite contacting Morrisons and being advised to just add e mail address to the More account, the system says "card cannot be found." Have since tried several times to view points on site, with the same result.
    I sent e mail to fresh@morrisons.com as per website, but no response, so does anyone know of a better form of communication other than letter ?
    As a footnote, the only good thing about Home Delivery is fresh food and milk have longer use by dates, than those found in stores
  • K8Ped
    Options
    Hi
    I too have had £90 points taken this week and Morrisons response is weak at best. I have reported to Action Fraud and to BBC Watchdog in the hope they can, if enough voices are heard, look into this. Morrisons security question is laughable to be honest and I have said this in an email to them but conveniently they didn't respond to that part of my message. I am screen shotting as many different headlines about this I can and am sending them to David Potts CEO. Let's hope with enough noise, someone will hear us.
    Good luck to us all and doom.on the scumbag perpetrators!! May you choke on your ill gotten gains!!
  • olive1820
    Options
    Yes good luck to everybody in getting some sort of compensation, looking very doubtful I think though ! I am stunned by Morrisons lack of interest and concern, was a long time customer, not anymore, showed no compassion at all, feel so sorry for all of the people who were saving for Christmas, the thieves obviously think this is the best time of year to strike, shameless !!
  • LizaSS
    LizaSS Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had £75 of points used 80 miles from where I live. After trying to speak to someone with an active brain cell at Morrisons I was told that it was my fault as my account had been compromised as my email address was on 'haveIbeenpwned'. When I pointed out that their customer service email address had also been compromised as shown I haveIbeenpwned, I was virtually kicked off of the phone.

Unbelievably inept and disgusting that they are refusing to take responsibility for a weak system that they own.

Not sure which way to proceed with this, any suggestions?
  • Davebalbi
    Options
    Just to add to this thread - we had £85 worth of vouchers used in a store we've never been too. Unusually, at least from what I can see from the thread, I managed to get an advisor to confirm that the transaction was used in conunction with a Debit Card not in my name. I am beyond mad that Morrisons feel that vouchers being used in a store that you've never been too is not a red flag but also that the name on the debit card paying for the balance isn't sufficient to call security and cencel the transaction? I'm going to try and pursue but fear I may face the same result as others on here.
    Is there any possibility of a thread in Martin's weekly email mentioning these losses and urging card holders to claim and spend their vouchers as they go so the balance doesn't build up? At least that way any of Martins email group might at least reduce their balance to a minimum? Just a thought? Good luck to you all and I hope we can get this flagged and raised to someone who can publicise it - I will flag to Action Fraud later today and if anyone thinks elsewhere will help I will do that too? Suggestions welcome and appreciated.
  • deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I 'released' some of my fivers online, to pick up physical/ paper vouchers in store and was only allowed £50 per visit, so are these thefts managing to release the money onto a card that isn't the registered one, to be able to use in a store?
    I'm confused how it's happening, as if they were converted to paper vouchers, the thief would have to do it more than once for over £50.
    This thread has made me a little paranoid and I'm checking my points balance at least once a day!
  • davea1_1
    Options
    Please check out the Facebook group Morrisons Missing Points for many more examples
  • davea1_1
    Options
    deely wrote: »
    I 'released' some of my fivers online, to pick up physical/ paper vouchers in store and was only allowed £50 per visit, so are these thefts managing to release the money onto a card that isn't the registered one, to be able to use in a store?
    I'm confused how it's happening, as if they were converted to paper vouchers, the thief would have to do it more than once for over £50.
    This thread has made me a little paranoid and I'm checking my points balance at least once a day!

It’s because the thief is logged into your account on either the Apple or Android App. This has a digital image of your More card so they can select to use automatically on the next shop, scan the image of the card from their phone and redeem your points.
    If you are victim you HAVE to cancel your card and then change your password as if you only change the password the thief can still be logged in with your card details. Hope that explains. See the Facebook group Morrisons Missing Points for lots of examples and advice
  • Davebalbi
    Options
    Has anyone tried to make Martin aware of this? An item on his email alerting Morrison customers to a number of members plight could save them £1000's? More than happy to try - if so would it be best to contact the news team?
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't understand this as I am given a £5 voucher every time I have enough points, how is it possible to have any more than that stolen?
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure