The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Cheap airport lounge access

Comments

• I'm flying to the US in October are the lounges at Gatwick worth using?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm flying to the US in October are the lounges at Gatwick worth using?

North or South Terminal?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Pedrobandito
    Pedrobandito Posts: 69
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh yea, that would be helpful wouldn't it. Doh!

North :)
  • richardw
    Forumite
    edited 31 May 2017 at 3:03PM
    The No.1 lounge is good, but can get crowded at peak morning periods. If you like some alcoholic drinks before the flight and can get a discount off the standard price, go for it.

Restaurants can have good views.
  • nonos05
    nonos05 Posts: 12 Forumite
    stoneman wrote: »
    Apply for the Amex Gold Rewards card (fee waived for the first year and £11 cashback on Quidco) It comes with 2 free passes issued by Lounge Club.

There after you are supposed to get charged £15 each time you use it (billed to your Amex account) but we have used ours 14 times(7x2 pax) and never been charged

Hello

Just wanted to check, have you still not got billed by Amex Express for using airport lounges .

Cheers
  • Hi , all... If like me you get a gourmet card each year, I get mine for free thru my bank (Lloyds ) then it now allows you to get discounts on lounge passes (as many as you like )via the card that has teamed up with #1 lounges .
    It costs £18 for the lounge access - South Terminal @ Gatwick. there are several to choose from. I usually plan to get to the lounge 2-3 hours before my flight to get the most benefit from the lounge.
    You can easily spend that ( at typical inflated Airport prices.) and you get some peace and quiet and free magazines/ internet access..:)
  • Has anyone used the No1 lounge at Birmingham airport between 7-9pm? Is it likely to have the tail ends of the food left? we are thinking of going next week .I have used it in the middle of the day and enjoyed it, but wondered what it was like in the evening?
  • spikeyman
    spikeyman Posts: 33 Forumite
    Be very careful with the lounges, they all charge full price for a 12 year old and upwards :mad:

Since when has a 12 year old been an adult, oh of course when companies want to make more money and rip people off

Aspire and NO1 lounges are sharks.

When asked why when children can only have soft drinks and food, no explanation provided just said it was policy for 12 year olds and upwards to pay full adult ticket price.

Not from us they won't refuse to line their pockets and profits, and, when reading the reviews sounds like we are not missing out on much. Rather pay the £60 or more to a good restaurant at the airport.

Children are children until the reach 16 at least.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Makes the world go around eh...
  • richardw
    Forumite
    spikeyman wrote: »
    ..Children are children until the reach 16 at least...

Nope, they stuff themselves with lots of food and drink and cost lounges more than adults who just have a reasonable consumption.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Has anyone used the No1 lounge at Birmingham airport between 7-9pm? Is it likely to have the tail ends of the food left? we are thinking of going next week .I have used it in the middle of the day and enjoyed it, but wondered what it was like in the evening?

That lounge seems to be rammed most of the time now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback