PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd October 2016

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've just seen the news on FB too. She will be greatly missed.

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    mrsleh wrote: »
    I need to join you folk! Flylady was my saviour years ago but I've fallen off the bandwagon recently, I do still keep my before bed routine most nights and swish and swipe regularly but I need to get back into a proper routine. I'll start today (once home from work) and try to keep up with perhaps a little catch up tomorrow as I don't work Thursday/Friday.... we'll see!

Welcome [STRIKE]back[/STRIKE] home, Mrs Leh! :wave:
    Meekie wrote: »
    I think the real issue is oh who despite being 35 years old has never worked out how to use the laundry basket, but is a great devotee of the floordrobe. :( I think i therefore end up washing a lot of his discarded clothes even when they might not be really dirty. He is also really tall so his clothes are really bulky. I thought about threatening to bag up anything on the floor and only wash things in the basket but wondered if that seemed a bit extreme?

If you carry on clearing up after him and washing everything he leaves lying around, he won't realise that what he's doing is unacceptable. It must take you forever to pick up, sort, wash, peg out/tumble, take in, fold, and put away all of his leavings, to say nothing of the resentment I'd feel if I were expected to do what you're doing. Before bagging or piling up his carp as Lamewolf suggests, it's always worth pointing out to him that he could use the laundry basket or fold those clothes he wants to wear again and put them on a chair or a tidyish heap on the floor if there's nowhere else. And if he continues to behave like a spoilt child, then I'd defo do what Lamewolf suggests. You were not put on this planet to clear up after adults who are capable of doing so for themselves.

We took Kelpie to hydrotherapy this morning and popped into the garden centre on the way home to see if they had any pothangers. They had a plant clearance on. We've spent the rest of the day cramming plants into pots and I'm just about to hang the front door curtain to keep the drafts out because it's blowing a gale here. Also, WM x 2, DW x 1 and tidying up.
    Better is good enough.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thank you Ionafan. I'd been keeping an eye on her f'book page over the last couple of days and had a horrible feeling things were very serious. I'm so, so sad and very shocked at how fast her illness progressed, but very glad that she was well enough to enjoy her daughter's wedding day. That more than anything has given me such a tender feeling that although I'm crying, the whole family has that memory to treasure and so can we. We'll light a candle for her here tonight, too.
    Better is good enough.
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Ive just seen on Facebook too, its very, very sad news. Ill join you in lighting a candle. Bless her heart :( xx
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2016 at 8:35PM
    I saw the sad news on Facebook which sent me over here, which in turn made me think of toots, and diva, and the other fly ladies that we have lost over time. It also had me googling for candles for toots and diva, which took me to both gratefulness.org and the last thread from 2009 which in turn reminded me why I am still in contact with people like greenbee, dusty, nikki, Mrs chaos, gratefulforhelp, chamichelle, froddington, Jinky, boddy, lil-me, soappie, Rach, carlsberg, vanilla, embb, mummyof5, TAG, poohbear, mum to 5, moam, juliejim, kazwookie, kazmeister and natty to name a few of those who date back to the early years, and far to many more to list. I haven't had time to post for a long time but I have never forgotten or stopped appreciating the support and friendship of this thread when I was at home with two small boys with a home to be ashamed of.

Raising a glass tonight to fly ladies, current and past. RIP Cycling Yorkie, my thoughts are with your family.

Candles lit for 9pm here too
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So very sad. My eyes are wet.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Is there one of those virtual candles we could set up somewhere - sorry I'm just feeling completely at a loss now I wnatto do something but don't know what.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm a fairly new flylady and never got to meet Cycling Yorkie in RL, but she was such a lovely person here in virtual-land. This news is so, so sad and reading your post Iona, did make me cry. What a courageous and dignified woman CY was. I will miss her. A special candle will be lit in her memory here too. Thinking of her family and all those she loved x Sleep well honey bee x
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2016 at 6:16PM
    Gratefulness.org has virtual candles, you click on an unlit candle and leave a message of your choice. It burns for 48 hours. If you search on cycling Yorkie you will be able to see candles left for her by fly ladies.

Link to leave a candle: http://gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/step-1
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    oh that is so sad RIP CY and thanks for letting us know Iona
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure