IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN appeal

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to find some help.

After reading the sticky threads I've appealed my PCN from Highview parking and have requested a POPLA code.

Following their initial letter they wrote to me twice without suppling a POPLA code. They are trying to fish out who the driver was (I am appealing as the keeper) and are thretening that if payment is not made in the next 14 days an initial debt collection charge will be applied.

I wander what are my options now without a POPLA code?
Any advice will be really appreciated.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    email the BPA aos compliance section , attach copies of all paperwork , plus a timeline , and tell the BPA you are reporting a breach of the BPA CoP due to no popla code being issued and being threatened with debt collectors whilst an appeal is ongoing

see the newbies sticky thread for details
  • Marania
    Marania Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just wanted to say one big thank you to the forum members.

I finaly received a letter from Highview parking that the penalty charge has been cancelled.
    For a few months they threatened me, kept increasing the amount of the PCN and never provided a POPLA code.
    Here is the text of the two letters I sent to them

First letter:
    You issued me with a parking ticket on ........... I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reason:

• The charge is disproportionate and not commercially justifiable
    The amount you have charged is not based upon any commercially justifiable loss to your company or the landowner and is purely punitive.

• The notice to keeper is incorrect
    I also challenge this 'Charge Notice' as keeper of the car. Your Notice to Keeper was not received within 14 days, so keeper liability does not apply. POFA 2012, Schedule 4, Section 9(5) states that the Notice to Keeper is issued within 14 days of the relevant period. The Date of Notice issued at the top of the Charge Notice is .......... The date of the alleged offence is ............

Please cancel the charge forthwith or refer the matter to POPLA and provide me with the POPLA code in doing so.

Second letter:
    I have already challenged this 'PCN' as keeper of the car with my previous letter (proof of postage kept as evidence).
    Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.
    I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I am keeping proof of all correspondence and look forward to your reply.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

You have failed to offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge, therefore an official complaint will be made to the British Parking Association.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Nice one, well done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Please can someone let me know what the address/email address is for Highview? Thank you!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    rjw4 wrote: »
    Please can someone let me know what the address/email address is for Highview? Thank you!

Sticking highview parking email into google worked for me.
    It might work for you too.

Please start your own thread, if you haven't done so already.

Dealing with two people about two different events can only lead to confusion.
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I’m only asking for the email address - not advice!! I’m quite capable to do the rest in my own.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's ok. You're welcome.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    rjw4 wrote: »
    I’m only asking for the email address - not advice!! I’m quite capable to do the rest in my own.

If you can beat a private parking charge on you own, then surely you can find a PPC email address. If you are appealing a PCN, the method to do that will be on the NTD/NTK.

If you just want their email address, and be very careful what you put if you do have a PCN, it can be found on their website which can be found via the BPA list of ATA members, or by using a search engine as already suggested by someone who helps countless people to beat unfair parking charges on a daily basis.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Marania
    Marania Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My correspondence with Highview was via post.
    The address is :
    PO Box: 3573
    Barnet
    EN5 9QA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business