Support Group/ESA, change of circumstances.

Hi all,

I've been in the SRAG (Support group, not sure if I got the correct abbreviation) for around 6 years.

In the 6 years, I've been, for a few hours a week trying to better myself by learning some skills online.

As a result of that, next month, I've been offered the chance to work from home, a few hours a week - it's paid.

Do I have to declare this? I'm really not sure how the whole system works as I've never really had a chance of circumstance worth notifying them about.

I'm just unsure of what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Roblad wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been in the SRAG (Support group, not sure if I got the correct abbreviation) for around 6 years.

In the 6 years, I've been, for a few hours a week trying to better myself by learning some skills online.

As a result of that, next month, I've been offered the chance to work from home, a few hours a week - it's paid.

Do I have to declare this? I'm really not sure how the whole system works as I've never really had a chance of circumstance worth notifying them about.

I'm just unsure of what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes you must. If you are unsure of the very strict rules surrounding the benefit you signed up to you should read up on it or ask citizens advice.

Esa is mostly for people too unwell to work and some what's called ' permitted work' might be allowed but whether your work comes under that category is for dwp to decide.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Contact ESA and they will send you a form called a PW1, for Permitted Work. You must complete that, return it AND have a decision from ESA BEFORE you start work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure